Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Nikon pro my buddie has a Bushnell 500 and my other has a leupold all of or yardages are diffrent at a 20 yard stake I read 18 my buddie reads 23 the other 21 now I set yardage stakes in my yard to my rangefinder should I use a tape to measure or stick with what I have since I practice at it??

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just be sure none of them are set on the meter (or whatever its called) instead of yards.....

I hit the button on my 440 that changed it so it was several digits off till I realized what I did. May want to make sure cause I have had it happen a couple times now.

Hope this helps

d

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I just purchased a Nikon pro my buddie has a Bushnell 500 and my other has a leupold all of or yardages are diffrent at a 20 yard stake I read 18 my buddie reads 23 the other 21 now I set yardage stakes in my yard to my rangefinder should I use a tape to measure or stick with what I have since I practice at it??
First off you need to measure your shooting stakes with a tape regardless. Then test which is right, but most importantly no matter what rangefinder you have and use when you do the final sight in on your bow with broadheads for hunting season sight it in for the rangefinder you will be hunting with.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
It does not matter (to an extent) what your rangefinder reads, so long as it is consistently reading the same thing at any given point. If it always reads 50 yards at a measured 48 yards, then it is measuring consistently. You should tune your sight pins (10, 20, 30, ect.) to what your rangefinder reads at those given distances, (if your intention is to use that rangefinder while huntiing). Let your buddies tune their own bow sights into their own units' readings; each will be accurate to the given archer's equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts