Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, last month I was shooting in my yard with my Bushnell yardage pro 400 that was bequeathed to me by my hunting mentor (and father inlaw). I set it down on the rear bumper of my Chevy Blazer after I was done ranging. I shot for about an hour, went inside for the night. Well, as you can guess, the next day when I went to get my rangefinder it hit me. I searched all over my driveway and around the block where I drove and no dice. I'm sure someone got a great early Christmas gift. So, I have found one of those old school rangefinders where you view the target, turn the dial until the image comes together and then check the yardage. Do these work at all? I mean they obviously won't be as accurate as a laser rangefinder but I don't have the money to buy one (my wife would kill me if I did) and I will have to put a laser one on my Christmas list. I found it on ebay for nothing but I don't want to get it if it doesn't get me close enough. I'm pretty decent at judging out to about 25 yards but if I get something 30yard or more I may be in trouble and wouldn't want to risk it. So, do the old ones work worth a hoot?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts