Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's opinion on the best rangefinder. Nikon Archer's Choice is the one I've been debating on buying but thought I could get good feedback from the real experts........... the AT gang.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Get the nikon 550 with ID and it is the same as the Archers Choice,but ranges out to 550yds.I have one and it is great.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just picked up a Leica CRF 900, this thing is unreal. Always used the cheaper bushnells, and for just bowhunting out of a stand they would be o.k. However, with the diversity of hunting out west, I needed something better, and imo the Leica is the best. Had this thing ranging random spots in the desert at dusk the other night, the Leica was giving me instant readings, some at over 900 yards. Very clear 7X optics to boot.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I bought a Leupold RX-II with TBR and took it back to Cabelas becasue I feel the "True Ballistic Range" is not accurate on the archery setting and the operation was too complicated. Ended up buying a Nikon Monarch 800 and it works awesome, simple and accurate. The archer's choice Nikon only has a 100 yard range and I use mine for golfing as well so I wanted 500 yards min.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I really like the archers choice. It seems to get the job done well...

Derek

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nikon

Nikon has less stuff going on in the screen, when you hit the button you know what distance to shoot without looking at all the other junk

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Nikon 550 for me. Two thumbs up !!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The Leica 900 is what I am using, crisp optics, total accuracy and you can always see the readout. LCD displays are not that great in low light, the LED in the Leica is always visible.

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
range finders

It depends on what you going to use it for the most. I bought the NIkon 550 and it gets the job done. I dont need ARC and it only helps you at steep angles and 95% you will never need it But that is just my opionion.But if you live outwest and hunt steep angles I guess it could help. GOod luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts