Archery Talk Forum banner

Rapid Rails Read if you use them !!

636 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MICHIGAN_BOWMAN
Just thought I'd post about what happed to me last night. A buddy and I where out setting another stand. (I have been using these rapid rails for years I have 5 sets) while I was climing into the stand my foot hung up a little on the rapid rail. I guess I just lifted it up maybe and 1" and the thing came off the tree and fell 20 ft. I have never had a problem with them but talk about stinking. Now I am 20 ft up a tree with no way to get down. My buddy made me say all kind of things to him like how stupid I am, and how he is a much better hunter and man then I am. I am fat etc etc before he would climb up and reatach the step so I could get out.

If you use these make sure they dont get pushed up EVEN A LITTLE BIT of tthe metal clasp will pop out.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Enjoying Archery
1,209 Posts
Just like any step, ladder, or stand that we strap to the tree you need to make sure it is very tight. Any amount of slack can cause something like that to happen.

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a few set of these and will be watching out for this.

· Registered
2,946 Posts
Do those not have straps on each section?

· Registered
390 Posts
I know what you mean. I pull on the strap like there is no tomorrow when I am hooking em up, and then I hang from each section before I get on it. I like to bounce on each one pretty good too. They snug up tight. I could see how a big winter boot could pull one up though. Thanks for the warning.

You need to get back at your buddy, that stuff can't go unpunished. I like to put rubber bands on the kitchen sink sprayers so when the water comes on....you get the picture. NEVER FAILS! I have gotten myself after I set it up and forgot about it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.