Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got these on friday, used them on saturday, these things are fantastic!!! Im tired of using the screw in steps, i dont leave my stuff out there anymore, they were easy to install and break down. I got about 16 feet on 3 rails. I have to get some of that armor silencer, and maybe a seperate rope to pull them up, but I think its a great product. The guy at the store told methe climbing sticks would be aproblem because i have big feet, the rails are no problem, plenty of room for my boats.:wink:

· Registered
5,351 Posts
I just ordered several of these(steal version) for my KY lease. I used them in a place I hunted two years ago. They are easy to climb. Just make sure you give them a good tug before putting all you weight on them. Just like any other hang on step.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered several of these(steal version) for my KY lease. I used them in a place I hunted two years ago. They are easy to climb. Just make sure you give them a good tug before putting all you weight on them. Just like any other hang on step.

I got the steel to, Id like to get one more, just so I could get a little higher.

· Registered
5,351 Posts
I got the steel to, Id like to get one more, just so I could get a little higher.
I like to get into some of the bigger trees. I'll probably use ame screw-ins for the bottom part of the trees then the ladders for the top. I like that you can have a good grip with you hands and your feet at the same time.

· Registered
4,229 Posts
Nice product. I bought a 4 set of aluminum when Wayne Prejean was making them. He is the guy that manufactured the Non Typical treestands. Now they are sold under the Ameristep company.

I swap out the noisy straps and buckles and just use heavy camo rope to hang them.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
I have had a set of the Aliminum ( 5 ) for 10 years now and love them , got a set of the steel ones this year and they are every bit as good .. Best ladder steps ever made IMO

· Registered
142 Posts
Rapid Rails

BE VERY CAREFULL..... This just happened last night. 9point, who is also a at member and I went to cut out around my stand and we were going to put his stand up. He used 4 sections and was up about 20 feet. He put his cell phone and camera on the ground and when he stepped onto his stand, he accidently pulled the last rapid rail up with his dragging foot. It came off the tree like it was shot out of a cannon. If you touch the buckle on the strap or lift up on the rapid rail after it is seated, it will come off the tree. It was about a six foot step from the bottom of his stand to the first step on the next rapid rail. I had 2 sets still in the box and they are going back to the store tomorrow. This is no joke fellows. They are easy to put up and there is plenty of foot room. After last night, I'll never use them again. There is just a small clip that goes into the slot that holds them in place. If any tension is relieved on the section via accidently hitting the buckle or raising the section, it is gone. If I hadn't been with him, he would still be in the tree...BE CAREFULL....

· Registered
142 Posts
Ps

Please take the time and put a section up in your back yard and check this out before you go to high in a tree. I am in no way trying to steer anyone away from their products but simply trying to keep someone from getting hurt...

· Registered
4,464 Posts
Used these fand summit buck steps that use the same method for years with no problems. You do need to set them by placing good weight before moving up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.