Archery Talk Forum banner

Rate the Wasp Hammer SST 125 gr.

756 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  P&Y3times
will you shooters using Wasp 3 blade Hammer SST 125 grain heads give me your feed back on flight, grouping on this head compared with your FP ?
Been shooting other 100 gr heads. My AM is tuning well with 125 gr. FP so I planning to get some 125 gr.BH but going to the 125 heads and thinking about the Wasp Hammer. thanks,
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· preparation>opportunity
3,110 Posts
i shoot the WASP 100 gr. never had a problem, fly just like field points. the entry hole in my buck was about the size of three quarters in a circle, maybe bigger.:thumbs_up

· Registered
1,989 Posts
I too use the 100grn hammers and have been for years. They fly well I've never had trouble with POI with these.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ONESHOT. that is a massive cut. I don't doubt the damage the Wasp can do, that's why I'm giving such consideration to be in my quiver. I want to hear about POI with the 125 gr. vs POI of the same weight field point. thanks,

· Registered
1,556 Posts
The point of impact has nothing to do with the broadhead unless the broadhead does not spin tune properly. It is your bow and it's tune that dicates where your broadheads will hit. Also, if you torque the bow then it can also effect the p.o.i. If your broadheads, either fixed or expandable, do not hit where your field points hit then you have a bit more tuning to do with your bow or your arrows are not spined properly. :)

ONESHOT. that is a massive cut. I don't doubt the damage the Wasp can do, that's why I'm giving such consideration to be in my quiver. I want to hear about POI with the 125 gr. vs POI of the same weight field point. thanks,

· Registered
4,193 Posts

I have NO CHANGE on POI with the Jakhammer 125's and 125 gr field points. I repeat, NO CHANGE. And I love the results I am getting. I shot 2 deer with them last year and both went down within 50 yards.....one only went 17 yds.

I do however, practice with them before the season....you can wrap some fishing line around the blades and shoot them at your field point target.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.