1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it work and do you use? Looking at the black rack by illusion game calls

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it can work, timing is everything, I wouldn't do much early season, start few days before the rut starts, don't be overly aggressive.
what do you use

· Live with passion
7,333 Posts
Not where I hunt. There is very little competition between bucks. I have tried many times and when seeing a nice buck at a distance the most I ever got was a look in my direction then back to what they were doing.

· Registered
37,229 Posts
Here in my part of Pa it was a waste of time for a lot of years but I know that the past few years it has worked very well for me. I usually used real antlers but I have had a rattle bag and Rack pack work as well. Timing is everything.

· 3%er
3,640 Posts
Real antlers are best...bob the tips a half inch or so..keep ya from jabbin your hand. Take off eye guards. I have had luck with rattle bags too but the timing is most important. Pre rut into full rut is best. Start off slower and a bit quieter first time...wait 30 minutes if nothing get loud with em. Usually best if you see one then rattle him to you..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.