Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
14,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out shooting my daughters R26 this afternoon The 3rd time I cocked and loaded a bolt, I heard a creaking sound coming from the bow. I sat it down on the rest and told the girls to get back not even 2 seconds later the bow blew apart... scary as hell...everything is stock on the bow except the scope and hha tetra...

Anyone ever had this happen to their ravin?

I am sure my dealer will take care of me but I am apprehensive to let me 10 year old shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Dave at Wyverns says it comes from after market strings not having enough give. but heck yours is a stock ravin string.. scary for sure.. you probably need new limbs too.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I'm sure the blame will most likely go toward after market anything if used. That's 99.9% of the time what they would blame it on.

Looks to me you had a poor made limb pocket. I sure as heck hope they didn't change suppliers to go cheaper or just have the parts made cheaper. That would be the end for Ravin if it keeps happening.

I can't imagine that 500 staying together if this is happening to an R26.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Was out shooting my daughters R26 this afternoon The 3rd time I cocked and loaded a bolt, I heard a creaking sound coming from the bow. I sat it down on the rest and told the girls to get back not even 2 seconds later the bow blew apart... scary as hell...everything is stock on the bow except the scope and hha tetra...

Anyone ever had this happen to their ravin?

I am sure my dealer will take care of me but I am apprehensive to let me 10 year old shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The string left hanging on your bow appears to be orange with black serving. When did Ravin use that color combination for their strings?

·
14,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The string left hanging on your bow appears to be orange with black serving. When did Ravin use that color combination for their strings?
No clue I bought the bow form Wyvern Creations in spring of 2020. I can assure you the only thing not stock about the bow was the hha dial and scope.

·
14,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you heard back from Dave yet? Have you pressed the bow previously? Is this the original string?
I haven’t contacted Dave yet I was just going to go through a local dealer. Do you think it wouldn’t be better to go through Dave? It’s the original string and the bow has never been pressed.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I haven’t contacted Dave yet I was just going to go through a local dealer. Do you think it wouldn’t be better to go through Dave? It’s the original string and the bow has never been pressed.
Dave seems to be pretty quick. Not sure how your local dealer handles things. Call the local dealer than talk to Dave or vise versa. I know Dave will treat you right.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Good to know about the string color. I wonder if the string let go and in the process the limb pocket/limb were collateral damage. I do know a local dealer said some of the older OEM strings were prone to the end loops opening up and recommended changing the strings every year regardless of shot count to aid against that happening. Seems odd to me that the limb pocket would want to fail before a limb failure, but I'm no expert. ¯\(ツ)

·
Catty Shack
12,536 Posts
That little pocket looks like maybe a cold shot from the casting process. Yipes.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Gas Motor vehicle

Reactions: bbahunter

·
Bringer of truth
15,069 Posts
seems to be some R26 failures surfacing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts