Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I've been trying some different feather configurations, and wanted to share my findings. These are not scientific comparisons, but I do think the photos speak for themselves. I compared 3 x 3" Truflight feathers vs 4 x 2" Gateway Rayzr feathers. Out to 80 yards, there is not a noticeable difference with my shooting ability (amateur shooter with compound hunting bow). From a totally subjective perspective, the 3" feathers are louder than the Rayzr feathers. I have not tested the 4-fletch Rayzr with broadheads. The 3" Truflight feathers with a pretty good helical will stabilize large FBBH out of my Mathews Triax. Here are some photos of groups at 60 and 70 yards:

IMG_4522.jpg IMG_4411.jpg

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for posting your results. I've been playing with the same thing and haven't reached any definitive results either. I've been comparing my feather combinations shooting QAD Exodus and Magnus Black Hornets.
Seem to always drift back to 3 3" helical feathers but like you I THINK the rayzrs may be a touch quieter???

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shoot the 3” true flight and I don’t hear any noise from mine. Nice group!
I don't think the noise from the 3" is an issue, but some do seem to care about it. And I do have photos of significantly larger groups that I could have posted...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts