Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shoot these feathers? I am thinking about going to them on some Victory HV6 300 arrows out of my Omen. Any thoughts as to if they will work or not?

·
Registered
654 Posts
They will definitly speed up your arrows and improve front of center. They are not as loud as most feathers. Only draw back is weather (rain), but you can use silicon powder to minimize that problem. Worked for taking my big buck this year. I also used them in 3D some this year, seemed to guide my arrow well.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
They will definitly speed up your arrows and improve front of center. They are not as loud as most feathers. Only draw back is weather (rain), but you can use silicon powder to minimize that problem. Worked for taking my big buck this year. I also used them in 3D some this year, seemed to guide my arrow well.
This has been my experience as well. I had an omen and might add that I changed from using 3, to 4 fletch and they stabilized even the nastiest fixed blade broadhead I tried, even at 330 fps.:)

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shoot a 30 inch draw so I am going to be getting good speeds out of it just was wondering about the flight more than anything else.

·
Registered
23,626 Posts
I use them on some 3D arrows from my X Forces...very noice!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Doc, I've used them last year for hunting and a little 3d and they stabilize an arrow some kinda good. They're super lite and not very noisy. My only drawback (and it may not be for anyone else) is that they have more drag than, say, Blazers and slow an arrow down faster at longer ranges. But if you set your sights for them, no problems whatsoever.

Lee.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lee longer rangers what are we talking? past 30? past 60?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Doc, I appologize for not being more informative. I was talking about ranges out near 50+ yards. For normal hunting ranges (10 - 30 yards, maybe even 40) they are absolutely great. I never shoot past 40 but I practice out to 70-80 yards. I just find that the Razrs have a little more drag on them at the longer distances, but I believe it's this drag that allows them to stabilize an arrow so well. I'm definitely not knocking em cause I use em. And they are TOUGH. I put about 250 - 300 shots on some thru a WB and they don't show any wear at all. I don't think you would be disappointed in them. Let us know what you think if you try em. Good Luck

Lee.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i love em and they stabilize a broadhead great and i love the fact that i have a higher F.O.C with them and as for rain i treat them with the feather powder.

·
Sultan of Smack
5,590 Posts
Switched over the them this year on my hunting arrows. I'm a big fan of them. Worked every bit as good as the Blazers.

SCFox

1 - 11 of 11 Posts