Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new Razor Edge bows have any advantages over the old Diamond Edge? Does it have a solid back wall or is it mushy like the old ones? I am looking to upgrade a youth and don't know if this is an upgrade or if I just need to look at more expensive bows. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
More adjustable.

The biggest plus that I know of is more adjustability. The Razors Edge can adjust from 30-60#, and few kids/womens bows have that much weight range, even though some have 10" draw length adjustability. As far as the wall, it is not all that solid compared to most adult bows out there, IMHO. My son really likes his though.:)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Check out the Bowtech Soldier. It is very similar to the Razors edge, but I believe it has a binary cam system with a draw stop.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
The Razor Edge has a mushy wall at lower poundage.

The Soldier has an actual draw stop, but the cam has less adjustment than the RE.

-Steve

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Check out the Bowtech Soldier. It is very similar to the Razors edge, but I believe it has a binary cam system with a draw stop.
Just bought my son one...in the black ops finish. Gotta say it's an awesome little bow. The Black Ops finish looks awesome too. It has Binary Cams, and a string suppressor. Lots of adjustment, and will be a great bow for a growing child, or lady archer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts