Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of switching to slick tricks this year. Have any of you guys used the razor tricks? Don't read much about em and just wonder if they fly as well and are as durable as you guys say the standard style are? Thanks
Matt

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
I got them for my son to shoot, his first year to bowhunt. I prefer the grizztricks for me but they look to be tough as nails and a good head for my son shooting at 45 lbs.

·
Banned
5,228 Posts
They all fly fine if your bow is tuned right...and yes the Razortrick is built just as tough as any of the other head's in the Slicktrick lineup.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yes, they are a solid, sharp, tough broadhead that flys very good out of any bow with a good tune. I will be using them in South Africa in about two weeks and have complete confidence they will get 'er done.

·
Registered
11,799 Posts
i shot the razortrick and the grizztrick 2 the other day at 30 yards. i am sure my bow needs to be tuned, but the razors were dead on with my field points. the grizztrick 2 was high and to one side some. i have blazers also. i am going to shoot the razors this year, going to try the magnums also. i got some 100 grain grizztrick 2 and a pack of relacement blades for sale in classifieds. i just do not want to play with my rest with the season right around the corner. i am going to try the grizztrick 2 again next year.

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
They fly great and are excellent heads. They are not my choice, out of fear of the blade curling if it hits a bone...but they are super strong.

·
Born yank raised south
16,771 Posts
I bought some this year and will be using them also. So far I am getting good flight out of them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My girlfriend is shooting them out of her Z28 at 27" 50lbs. I was sighting in my HHA slider at 60 yards and decided to see if they shot with my fieldpoints as well as my mags. Well I shot one, and it hit low and skipped off a rock under the target. I saw a spark, but the arrow ended up angled up into the target, so it must have just glanced the rock. I inspected the broadhead and there is no noticable damage to it, and it still spins true. I thought for sure the blades would be done, but it seems 100% fine. Very tough broadheads for sure, they seem to show flaws in your tuning just a little more than the mags, but out to 30 yards I noticed no change of POI, and out to 60 I could tune it out easily.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
The RazorTrick is a very well built boadhead that will shoot to the same point of impact as field points or Slick Trick Magnums out of well tuned bow(Mine did not require any tuning).

Do to a health problem I am going to drop my draw weight to 45# and will be using the RazorTrick and know that it will get the job done as well as my Magnums if I do my job!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am shooting them at 29" DL with a 70lb pull and they work great for me. Shot 2 deer with them last year and neither made it more than 50 yards from the shot with good blood.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm shooting a Hoyt RXT 27" at 62 pounds. I just want pass throughs every time. The shot placement being right, would a standard pass through easily. The blade angle on these just makes em look like they might not penetrate as easy as the razor tricks. Think i would have a problem passing through with the standards or mags, or would you use the Razor tricks.? Not sure what slick tricks would be best for my setup. My bow is tuned well, so flight shouldn't be to much of an issue. Thanks Guys.

·
Born yank raised south
16,771 Posts
I love true coc heads and that is why I chose these over the mags, grizzs, and standards. I also have used the ABC Supersonics with great results but wanted something with a little more cutting diameter that is why I chose the Razors.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats my thoughts exactly. I use to use sonics. Flew great, but weren't very tough. Broke a few. That was after they went through a deer and stuck in a tree. :) I would be doomed if i hit bone any way, so i think the razortricks would be good for me. Any other thoughts on this guys. I would have been happy to shoot my stinger four blades again, but after seeing all the damage and fans of slick trick, figured i'd give em a shot. The standards do look more durable though, and i'd like to hear from some of you guys who use them at lower draw weights. Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Good thread...I've been wondering about the RazorTricks myself! Looks like a great head to me...

·
Registered
784 Posts
I used them last year on antelope mule deer and whitetail, penatration was unreal, im on my way to colorado to see how they do on elk.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Unless you need a COC, I would go with the std. tricks or Grizztricks...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the input guys. Think i might go with the standards. Cheap at Lancaster. And i'm cheap, so it works:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts