Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to help a friend tune her Razortec for hunting. Her husband and her have been trying and she is going crazy. She says that her bow is shooting broadheads tail high. I don't know how much but it is about 6 inches low at 20yds. I am not familiar with the cam and a half but I want to know if there are any tuning tricks that I need to check before we start again. She is shooting carbonaeros and 75 grain wasp broadheads. They are on straight! Any tips would be helpful.

Thanx,

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good advice but I would like specific razor tec info or cam and a half info.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Ok what is it you want to know? There are a thousand little tricks some I know some I don't. It would help if you give us your intended goal...

Are you trying to tune it to shoot broadheads, or target?

Are you just trying to get the rest adjusted?

You tell us....

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Make sure the cams are timed. It tunes just like a two cam bow. Don't just rely on the tuning windows engraved in each cam. Make sure each cable touches and leaves the modual at the same time.

If your trying to get your broadheads to hit the same spot as your field tips...Good luck.

With broadheads it is crucial to make sure that they are indexed properly.

Good luck.

AM

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
The best place to start is adjusting the limbs.
Loosen the limb pocket locking bolts and turn the limb bolts all the way in, until the limb pockets bottom out on the riser. Then mark the limb bolt with marks-a-lot or fingernail polish so that you can count the turns. I generally start by backing the bolts out two full turns. You might want to try three or four but no more than four. Then adjust the rest to shoot bullet holes at 6 yards. I use a bare shaft, finally shooting a fletched shaft just to check contact.
After you have completed this, then sight in at 20 yards with field tips, and follow the Easton tuning guide. I have never failed to get properly tuned broadheads to impact with my practice points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts