Archery Talk Forum banner

Re-Fletch

527 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  5MilesBack
If you lose one vane do you just replace the one or do you do all three? I'm using a Bitz with the Zenith Archery upgrade.I'm having trouble with proper alignment trying to replace just one. Is there a trick? Thanks in advance for your help. Rob
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,350 Posts
usually do just one but sometimes its a pain to get that one fletch perfect seince the nock has been turned.
If the arrow was done with the Zenith Upgrade, turning the nock shouldn't make any difference. The vanes should be an accurate 120 degrees apart and the procedure to replace the bad vane goes like this.

1) Put the receiver in one of the detents.
2) Push the arrow onto the receiver's insert.
3) Rotate the shaft so that one of the vanes is about 1/16" from the magnet.
4) Turn the nock receiver so that the other vane is now close to the magnet and note the distance away from it.
5) Rotate the shaft so that the space is equal for each vane.
6) Turn the nock receiver to the detent with the missing vane and you should be right on.

This won't work if the original fletching was not evenly spaced.
Joe B.

· Registered
899 Posts
If the arrow was done with the Zenith Upgrade, turning the nock shouldn't make any difference. The vanes should be an accurate 120 degrees apart and the procedure to replace the bad vane goes like this.

1) Put the receiver in one of the detents.
2) Push the arrow onto the receiver's insert.
3) Rotate the shaft so that one of the vanes is about 1/16" from the magnet.
4) Turn the nock receiver so that the other vane is now close to the magnet and note the distance away from it.
5) Rotate the shaft so that the space is equal for each vane.
6) Turn the nock receiver to the detent with the missing vane and you should be right on.

This won't work if the original fletching was not evenly spaced.
Joe B.
I dont know if i have the upgrade or not but my problem is in #3 where your turning the arrow tords the magnet. Sometimes i dont get it right and the third fletch is a little off.

· Registered
2,350 Posts
I dont know if i have the upgrade or not but my problem is in #3 where your turning the arrow tords the magnet. Sometimes i dont get it right and the third fletch is a little off.
The upgrade doesn't use a nock on the arrow when you're fletching. The arrow itself seats on one of the upgrade's inserts, so the arrow can't move when you press on the vanes. You can rotate the arrow however and by turning it until there is the same spacing from the magnet for each of the two vanes, the third vane spacing will be correct also. I could show you in half the time it takes to explain it. If you're going to any of the major shoots check to see if I'm there.
Joe B.

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
I'm having trouble with proper alignment trying to replace just one. Is there a trick?
No tricks.......just proper attention to detail.

I don't have the nock receiver upgrade, but I pretty much do the same as above, except.......I actually put one of the vanes that are still on the arrow......in the clamp. Then make sure the clamp seats on the magnet as it should, turning the shaft as needed. Then rotate the receiver to the open vane slot and do a dry run with the new vane, making sure that the spacing is the same in front and in back of the new vane.....then glue it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.