Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am ready for a change in next years schedule of shooting. I have been shooting IBO shoots alot of weekends and going to the Worlds and shooting RU class. I am ready for a change and looking to shoot longbow. I am also getting a little burned out on the competition thingand just need some weekends of shooting and camping, no big comps just alot of different fun. So, I am looking for a recommendation on 2 things....

1. What rendevous would you recommend, good camping and good shooting fun and 2. what competitions would you go to next yrs. schedule?

·
Banned
7,677 Posts
The best all traditional shoot that I have ever been too and is always the best year after year is the Rapids Achers all Traditional Shoot in **** Rapids (Anoka), Minnesota - it is awesome. The best shoot I have ever attended is the Rinehart R100 - most unique targets ever - a lot of fun - but it is a mixed event with lots of compound shooters and people - so there is some waiting between targets unless you get there good an early.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Take a look at Cloverdale Traditional Nationals in Indiana put on by Cloverdale Conservation Club. There is a circuit of trad shoots put on by the Ohio Society of Traditional Archers, ( OSTA ) their state shoot is Labor Day weekend in Jackson, Ohio. A new one is the Buckeye Classic put on by Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association, ( CCFSA ) Also, there is Compton and Denton Hill. You just keep looking and you will find a variety, you choose where you want to go. I shoot RU and TRAD and LB, like shootin em all. Have fun with the longbow.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
the STA has a great shoot at Enid Lake MS in May I believe

·
Registered
151 Posts
Forgot to mention Farmland Conservation Club Winchester,Indiana, they have 2 a year, one in the spring and one in the fall.They have their fall shoot coming up Sept. 9-11 2011.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts