Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

My Samick Sage came in a few days ago, so I've spent the last couple days double checking my draw with a single arrow... draw measured out at about 29". The Sage is a 35#@28" recurve, so I'm pulling 37-38#, correct?

According to this chart:
http://www.3riversarchery.com/pdf/ArrowCharts.pdf

Arrows should be 1-2 inches more than draw, so if I get aluminum arrows cut to 30.5" I should be safe...

I think 1916 weight 10 grains per inch...

So a 30.5" arrow with a 125 grain field point will weigh around 450 with feathers and nock? Is that too heavy? Should I go with a lighter 70 or 100 grain fieldpoint instead?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Yes, 1916 should work, especially if you're shooting a fast/flight string. You can always try different weight points for fine tuning.

·
Registered
21,291 Posts
C -

If you go with a 1916, leave it full length.

If you know your draw length has stabilized, a 29" 1816 /with a glue in point will be great for target work but it will be too short for a broad head.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, 1916 should work, especially if you're shooting a fast/flight string. You can always try different weight points for fine tuning.
C -

If you go with a 1916, leave it full length.

If you know your draw length has stabilized, a 29" 1816 /with a glue in point will be great for target work but it will be too short for a broad head.

Viper1 out.
Thanks kindly to both of you! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
908 Posts
Buy three weights of field points (cheap) for tuning purposes. I use 70 grain target points for that weight of bow, with shafts left full length. - lbg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts