Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shooting a PSE Mohave with the synergy-pro 65 cams, rated 60# (actually set at 57#) & 29" draw. I had a chance to chrony the arrows I plan to hunt with this weekend. Easton 2215's, 5" feather fletch, 100 gr points for a total arrow weight of 470 grains. My arrows chronographed at 222 to 224 fps. Does this sound like a reasonable speed to expect? I shoot fingers, and get good accuracy from this longer bow (42" a-a) and 65% letoff. The 2215's give very good flight, and are accurate within my limits (25/30 yards max on a hunting shot, 35/40 yards for practice).

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Sounds about right to me.:) My PSE is about the same, and has killed many deer (all pass throughs) no problem.:D It has synergy, and 70# with 2514's and 100 gr tips. 41" ata.

·
74,535 Posts
sounds about right.

Just place that arrow in them vitals and he not going far.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a similiar question. I'm shooting a Mathews MQ-32 at 65#. 28" Easton 2413's; 5" fletch and a 28" draw with a release and 125 gr. Thunderheads. Arrow weight is 508 grms and sped is 208. My question... actually I recently increased speed when I changed to this lighter arrow; does this setup sound ok for Moose? I am planning on using this next month.
Thanks

·
Registered
488 Posts
sounds fine,but i would limit the shot to no farther than 40 yards.dont go any lighter on the arrow,or youll lose the kinetic energy needed to take down that moose! good luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the reply.... I was planning on limiting my distance to 30 yds. Wasn't sure a KE of 49 was enough.

BTW the fish around here all ride bikes ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
you like that?!i was going to reply that you shouldnt try to shoot anything bigger than a squirrel with that "M" bow,but ya know..didnt want to hurt your feelings!!!LOL:D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
KE of 49

It's NOT Enough. I have hunted Moose and been witnewss to several more. I would shoot no farther than 20 yds with your set up. My friend (I was with him) shot one at 30 with a 2413 and a 100 gr T-head, and did not pass through. We tracked it and he shot it again at 15yds, it did pass through.:) Moose are HUGE, remember that! Good Luck. PS was 65# 29" draw, Buckmaster, 97 model.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the reply Hollowpoint10. I know Moose are big. I have shot 2 before. This will be the first with my bow. Seems to me that the most important thing other than KE is good shot placement. I plan to take only a broadside or quartering away shot. I do hope he'll call to 20 yards or less .... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts