Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
G5 killing machine
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question hopefully someone can help me. As you know we are planning on moving to Pa. My father in-law is trying to buy a house and we are scared they are trying to do him over. The whole time they have him running circles asking for things that are unheard of. This is coming from the real estate office. My questions are, when buying a house what all needs to be done before closing? Besides having the money and whatnot. I know theres a few gals on here that are real estate people, so figured I would ask. I would hate to see him get done over. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sorry for the bad subject line. Didn't realize I spelled estate wrong til afterwards.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey girl, hope my reply isn't too late. Haven't been on in a while, duck season is in. LOL
Anyway, heres how it goes in Kentucky, Pa could be a little different.
your dad makes an offer, the seller accepts or counter offers until a price is agreed on.
Your dad would have 10 days to have the house inspected. (at which point he could get out of contract if he didn't like inspection results)
The contract would be sent to the bank if he is borrowing money.
From there a title search would be done by an attorney, you choose or the bank may have a preference. but ultimately you could choose who does it.
Once you have a clear title and and financing is in order, all contengencies have been fulfiilled, you should be ready to close. Its pretty easy actually.
Every state has different laws though, but basically they all go to closing the same.
Good Luck, Bree

·
G5 killing machine
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they did the inspection, the title thing. The bank had him in at a set %. So this lady that is an in between person I dunno I think she works for the real estate place. Shes telling him that I need to sign a paper about rent and all this stuff. Basically a paper that was a total lie. Neither one of us wanted to to it. She said that the bank may need it and all this stuff. He told her no hes not going to lie. As neither as I. I mean this lady has him running all over the darn place. I think he should tell them to take it and stick it. The closing was suppose to have been on the 10th or something like that. But because of this lady, no closing yet. So now he has him doing an FHA loan or something. I dunno. Everything is done that needs to be done, its just this lady. She just does not get it. What do you think is going on? Think shes playing my father inlaw? Should he tell them to stick it or?

·
Registered
581 Posts
YES!!!!!!!

Plenty of other deals out there, espeically now.

"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts