Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
17,050 Posts
heavy arrow speed

I am getting between 250-253fps but that is with a 457gr. arrow with the bow set at 63lb and 29in draw. I might be able to do a little better after playing with the cams some, but I like heavy arrows and it is dead quiet to shoot. I chronoed it with a 305gr. arrow of a buddies, and got 307, at 29in draw, with a loaded string,

·
Registered
530 Posts
29" draw, 70lbs, 420grain arrow 301fps with just a string loop.

It has been an extremely accurate bow, but it is very finickey about arrow spine. Slightly weak spined arrows have worked best for me.

·
Registered
764 Posts
30" draw 70.8lbs 348 grn fatboy arrow 328 fps all measuring done with an easton bow mapper,when shot thru standard pro chrono 318fps

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
29DL/70lbs
String = brass nok, loop, peep w/tube, oem string silencers
Birth Cert = 323fps

GT 55/75 = 387 grains 290fps
GT 75/95 = 412 grains 283 fps

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I got a buck that says your bow is 29.5" :) ;)
I haven't checked the DL personally...its whatever BT set it as from the factory as I haven't change any of the cam settings. If they run a .5" long, then it very well could be.
:thumbs_up

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I haven't checked the DL personally...its whatever BT set it as from the factory as I haven't change any of the cam settings. If they run a .5" long, then it very well could be.
:thumbs_up
If that's the case I am pretty confident that you are about 1/2 - 5/8 long. So far every single new BT I have setup this years is. Great bow though isnt it?!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If that's the case I am pretty confident that you are about 1/2 - 5/8 long. So far every single new BT I have setup this years is. Great bow though isnt it?!!

I'd say it way "better than great"...it's awesome! Best $800 I have spent. :wink:

One question I have is for those of you who posted your fps...is that with the the OEM string silencers? Or did you guys remove them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts