Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have no idea what all the different arrow componants weigh, so I was hoping to call on some of you arrow gurus to help me out.

Heres what I'm looking for finished arrow weighs...I know it's approx but I trust you guys will be very close :)

First here are the specs that will be the same on all shafts

Arrow lenght- 27.5"
3 Blazers
4" Arrow Wraps from AWU
100 Grain Point would prefer 125 but not sure .300 spine will be ok?

I'm guessing size all will be spine .300 ?

Here is the Bow Specs
2005 Bowtech Allegiance 90lbs
Draw 28.5
Draw stop set at Highest letteoff possible 80%? I'm not sure
Release Aid

I would like to shoot around 500 grain arrows totaly finished.

Shafts
#1 Beman MAX4
#2 CT Rhino
#3 CT Rhino Safari
#4 any others that I"m missing or do not know about.

Thanks in advance Keith

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hedoe sorry man I stepped out for a min...send me a PM ...for some reason the pager message is messed up for me ....probably caus I don't know what I'm doing LOL

Thanks Keith

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
i glad i read this thread. what are you hunting? @ 90#s. by the way none of those pics are comin in, and what would the speed be on you set up with 500 grn arrows. while your at it what would the ke be?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hedoe according to Acoustics chart with a Rhino XP finished including a 125 point arrow weight would be 493.6 grains Speed 320.3 Fps and KE is 112.3 :eek: :eek: :eek: Hunting Hogs deer ect :wink:

Man Acoustic I sure appriciate your help that program your running is SWEET!
I think I"m going to go with the CT's I know they are not as straight as the Beman's but I like the shafts...have shot some CT taget arrows before and really liked them, Right now I"m shooting Easton Axis 340's and they are a definate no go, at 90lbs

·
Registered
470 Posts
LongRange Demon said:
hedoe according to Acoustics chart with a Rhino XP finished including a 125 point arrow weight would be 493.6 grains Speed 320.3 Fps and KE is 112.3 :eek: :eek: :eek: Hunting Hogs deer ect :wink:

Man Acoustic I sure appriciate your help that program your running is SWEET!
I think I"m going to go with the CT's I know they are not as straight as the Beman's but I like the shafts...have shot some CT taget arrows before and really liked them, Right now I"m shooting Easton Axis 340's and they are a definate no go, at 90lbs
The program is OnTarget2. I have it and love it, too. It would have quickly answered these questions for you. You can download it for about $30. I'd imagine those 340's would be way too light for that bow. Easton A/Cs are a good choice as are the new FMJs (IMO) because they have a higher weight per inch, which seems to settle down these faster, harsher bows with higher draw weights (esp. in the noise department).

·
Archery Talk Sponsor
3,552 Posts
If you're looking for some really heavy arrows, you might check out...

http://www.alaskabowhunting.com/

They offer a tapered shaft called a GrizzlyStik in three models, ywo of which might work for your "monster bow"...

Alaskan, 50#-80#, 70 gr. brass point adapters, 550gr-650gr finished weight.
Safari, 55#-100#, 70 gr. brass point adapters. 650gr-850gr finished weight.

They aren't in the OnTarget product database yet...I'm waiting for final spine specs. Just guessing the static spine, the Alaskan is probably ~0.300 and the Safari is ~0.200.

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
grizzlystiks. unless something changed idd stay away from them. the ones i had brought to me to build right from the fishing rod company down the street that makes the blanks wornt worth the effort. this was three years ago so they might of changed. we tried to shoot them on a 70 lb mathews with a 28 inch draw . best paper shot we could get was about 6 inches sideways. they would probably work on a recurve.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts