Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent arrow build I just went with the goldtip as a reference point. Im sure its a general rule type thing with some give and take not ment to be super accurate but i was expecting a little closer. 28" 5mm axis 300 nock throat to carbon, easton 50gr brass, 25gr iron will collar, 100gr point, 3 vanetec swift 3.15" and 3 q2i fusion-2 2.5", both vanes weight sorted at 8.4gr, and bohning A nock. Goldtip was 506.8 gr and 12.6% foc. My arrow balanced flat on a point is 504.2gr average and 14.28% foc. What surprised me wasn't the 2.4gr weight variation so much but the 1.68% FOC gain. From the start of the build I was happy with anything over 11% so I was fine with the 12.6%. I know they are just numbers not animals no the ground. Just sharing.
Asphalt Motor vehicle Road surface Handwriting Font

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
I've noticed the GT calculator "insert collar weight" function is always incorrect. It factors the collar somwhere in the bulk of the shaft, rather than in the tip weight. I started disregarding that function and just adding that weight into the point weight. I get much closer to actual measured FOC% that way. I wonder whether other functions are similarly flawed? I don't use insert weights, so I've never checked that one.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The Gold Tip calculator has always been about 1% lower than actual whenever I've used it.

Reactions: BigXX78
1 - 3 of 3 Posts