Archery Talk Forum banner

Really Glad to See .....

1K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  shooterdom 
#1 ·
more threads about the antis and what they are doing being posted by more and more members. Anyone who lives in any state, or country for that matter, that thinks they are immune, you better get your head out of the sand now! No place is immune, NONE!
As alot of you know I follow these people like a shadow and they mean business! Think about the future generations not yourself!
Thanx and get involved and make a difference !!!

#5 ·
Agree 100%...some (dare I say most:noidea:) do not realize the financial backing and efforts by many of these organizations. I will admit to wearing blinders until Jerry/NJ brought these things to the forefront...they have an agenda...they have a target and we are it. As I stated, the one thing we can ALL agree on should bring us together and that is we have a right to hunt and must protect that right for our kids, grandkids and all future generations.

#4 ·
Jerry is 100% right.
Too many of us have our heads buried in the sand. We should be on the look out for anti activity and point it out to as many people as possible. Get involved to save our right to hunt.

#6 ·
AT and more importantly Jerry and others have enlightened me as to the changing country we live in. I'm in rural Texas and still get a kick out of responses like "don't wear your camo in the store" etc. but when I travel to the big cities I see it getting closer to home as more of "them" move to the country. It's nice to think of the country song stating I was here first, it's my place, I can do as I please, but we are in a battle and we don't always win no matter how long we have been there.

My example:

21 years ago my brother dad and I built our store and we have processed deer all of those years and I have burned boxes in a large incenerator. Well....later came the post office next door then the bank, then the new high school, community center, family dollar, water office...well you get the picture. (they all built around us!) Now my so-called neighbor postmaster (he ain't from around here) calls the EPA on me for burning! And they tell me in a polite way not to do it when he's there or they will get nasty!

If he would have asked or told me it was bothering them...I would have quit but this is the type people we are dealing with nowdays. I know he hates seeing me skin deer behind the store...and that is another story. He tried to shut that down but I stood my ground. Wish I had time to tell that story.

#7 ·
Last time I was through Nashville Tn Peta had a Huge billboard with Pamela Anderson on it saying not to eat chicken!!! (she is one of the Queens of Peta) I couldn't believe it!! It just shows how much money they have and what measures they will take to exploit there sick cause. Its amazing to me how many oraganizations are out there to stop the sport we love. We need to promote our sport as much as we can!!!

#8 ·
Pam Anderson on a billboard saying Don't eat chicken now that's a funny metaphor:lol:

#10 ·
I live in the South and I couldn't believe that people around would stand for that type of exposure. Also check this load of crap out!!! Christina applegate, Eva Mendez and many more posed nude for these PETA ads this past Christmas to get people not to buy fur!! Hollywood folks:confused:

Attachments

#11 ·
I've decided to apply a new label to those opposed to hunting, which I feel describes them to a "T".

Enemies of Wildlife Conservation

#17 ·
Specifics

Hey guys,

What are good things we as hunters can do to "fight" these orgs. Joining local hunting organizations/national organizations? Writting our legislators when issues come up? What other things can we do?

The thought of my nephew/neice or buddies kids or my kids (if the wife and I decide to have one/some :wink:) not being able to bow hunt just, well, makes me feel sick. Kicked in the man parts sick if you get my drift.

So what kinds of things do you guys do to help keep hunting in a good light and fight for the rights of hunting? I want to get some ideas so I could do more than the occasional letter or membership.

Thanks!

#21 ·
For those who may be wondering why I advocate fighting hsus and not peta, here is why.

----------

IMO -- Voter referendums are where those opposed to hunting can do the most damage. The hsus has successfully pushed at least 11 measures restricting or banning hunting and trapping practices in recent times.

1) During the two most recent voter referendum campaigns against hunting ( Maine 2004, Michigan 2006 ), the hsus*** was responsible for appx. ninety percent of the financial support for both of these efforts.

You can review the Maine reports here. Click the reports and search schedule A for the info

http://www.mainecampaignfinance.com/public/report_list.asp?TYPE=PAC&ID=1389&LIMIT=&YEAR=2004

The Michigan report appears to be unavailable at this time. Also it is enormous as, ( unlike in Maine where donations of $50 or less were consolidated ), it lists everyone that donated at least one dollar.

In both situations you will likely not find any official contributions listed from peta. This does not mean that them or their followers weren't supportive of these efforts to ban hunting practices.

*** In 2004 the hsus and fund for animals were separate entities, but merged shortly after their 2004 campaign. Thus the 90% that I previously referenced above includes both groups.

----------

2) While peta often engages in outrageous publicity stunts which attract attention, the hsus is much more covert about how they appear in the public eye. While Ingrid Newkirk may cover herself with fake blood and writhe around on the floor of a department store which sells fur as part of a protest, Wayne Pacelle is more likely to be found in a business suit bringing his case against a particular hunting practice in front of a legislative committee. In essence, the blue collar criminal (peta) is in a ski mask and sticks out while the white collar criminal (hsus) is in a business suit and blends in. Both however are still criminals.

The following web link paints IMO a very accurate comparison between hsus and peta.

http://www.arbreptiles.com/extremists.shtml

----------

3) Since 2004, the hsus has "absorbed" several smaller groups including the fund for animals and Doris Day animal league. Their finances are much greater than peta's and can spend much more money financing campaigns against hunting.

Remember this ...

http://www.ussportsmen.org/Read1.cfm?ID=1435&programdocs=AH

and this

http://www.ussportsmen.org/Read1.cfm?ID=1849&programdocs=AH

and this

http://www.ussportsmen.org/Read1.cfm?ID=2158&programdocs=AH

----------

While peta is politically active in Europe, in the U.S. the amount of time and money they spend on political campaigns is pale in comparison to what the hsus will spend.

Much of peta's money that is donated goes to its foreign operations, or to its slush fund known as the foundation to support animal protection.
If you go to ...

http://www.guidestar.org

...and search peta, Humane Society of the United States, you can find tax reports on where their money goes. You will have to register to view the reports, but it should be free.

-------

In essence peta is a decoy while the hsus does the real dirty work against hunting here in the states.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that peta should be totally ignored, but when the busty bimbo in the skimpy outfit is wiggling her assets (peta) you might just discover afterwards when it's too late that you've been pickpocketed by someone (hsus). When you are aware of the deception you can better expose it.

#22 ·
Jack

Hey Jerry Despain had told me you sent some thing to help "Jack"..Just checking to see if maybe it got lost in the mail ?Still havent recieved it:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.