Archery Talk Forum banner

Really upset with carbon express

2837 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  ryanboyle
I know not everyone on here shoots fita or has a desire for ultralight, toothpick thin arrowshafts. But i have a bit of a gripe to post.

i have shot MOST of the major arrow companies products( easton, cx, carbon force, victory, carbon tech) but i am SHOCKED at how POORLY some of the companies ( CX mainly and also victory) are at updating their respective sites on new products ( the new CX MEDALLION XR AND PRO shafts and also the victory nano-force)

I have searched high and low for anything on these 3 shafts ( as far as i can tell the CX MED PRO's are the newest of the bunch and the ones i would shoot) and NONE of these are on their companies websites.

I shoot basically EVERY kind of archery ( fita, field , 3D, indoor) and this is time of year for warming up for outdoors and fita shoots. All i would like is a spine chart for the new arrows on their sites and some basic info. They are available for sale, so POST them the FRACK ( BSG fan,,sorry) UP!!!!

COMPANIES----- you want product to sell, PROMOTE THEM PROPERLY to your younger (and older), information hungry/savvy customers. Shooters today are doing more and more research online, and in catalogs than ever and not always relying on what the local shop says or has in stock. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.. IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON SITES LIKE LANCASTER AND NAS HAVE THEM ON YOUR WEBSITE TOO!!!

SOOOO if you are in cahoots with, work for, date someone, cut someones hair, shoot for, ANYONE that is REMOTLY related to these companies... TELL THEM TO GET ON THIER WEBSITE AND GET INFO OUT ABOUT THESE ARROWS. I am dying for info about them and i bet other are too. I just don't feel like ordering, building, testing arrows that i have NO prior info on. Yeah i know i should take one for the team and do the research for everyone else... but i can't afford DOZENS of arrows i would like to try. BUT if someone wants to send a dozen of the medallion PRO's (hard cam, 54# 27 inch shaft so figure the spine out) i would GLADLY do the work. But with a girlfriend that shoots and a slow building season in concrete work, its tough to afford ALL that i want.

Thanks for my rant. and if u have tested the Medallion PRO's POST UP!!!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
world games

A little off point but i will be in burnaby this aug shoting in the World /police and fire games any info from you would be appreciated. 3 of us from texas are coming.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt

ttt

· Registered
2,217 Posts
I hear your pain, I love CX arrows. I have been shooting them EXCUSIVELY for 4 years. I know they have experienced tremendous growth, introduced many new arrows, etc etc. BUT there really isnt any excuse for being so slow at getting the info out, the contracts to shooters out, etc. I have many people asking me about them and i have a hard time answering them:embara: I really hope they catch up to their growing pains. IF i had a product catalog i would tell you what i could,.....but, ....i dont. good luck, Harry

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not really

the medallion pro and xr's are not a replacement,, more like a low cost, high quality option like the acc/ac navigators to the x10's of easton.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow

I took the advice of Skeeterbait and called CX direct. WOW i talked to the NICEST Customer Service woman ( stefanie) and she was understandable about how slow the site has been at getting updated. i am getting a new 09 catalog mailed and it has EVERYTHING,,so if you want info,, i will be scanning ALL the spine charts and info on the MEDALLIONS as soon as i get it and post it here! so,, gimme a week or so and its all good!

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttt

ttt

· She's baaaaack!!!!
20,603 Posts
I love CX arrows................... But just like MOST manufacturers a few hours updating their website isn't a priority. Easton is probably worse because they have even more product that isn't detailed on their website and they have a ton of stuff.

I've written on AT many times that CX has pin bushings and nocks for the CXL's, LineJammer and X-Jammer -27's for '09 and that they are readily available.

It's not just archery manufacturers it's many manufacturers. Many public org's also act like the internet isn't important and some even consider it detrimental............... Unfortunately it's simply pure ignorance of the modern world. Some "old school" sales folks and leaders like to keep things as they know it, which is natural. They still think glossy brochures and calling on pro shops is the driving force in spreading knowledge of their product. In a small business like archery there is NO better way to spread the "word" than on the internet................... :wink: which is why some folks don't like AT and the internet....................

Heck, an abusive and oppressive dictator worth a grain of salt has internet access locked down in his or her country.

· ArcheryTalk Sponsor
645 Posts
CX Medallion XR and Pro Shafts in Stock at LAS

To Ryan and others interested in CX Medallion Arrows
I apologize that we(LAS) haven't advertised or made this better known to archers. We've had the Medallion XR and Medallion Pro Shafts which are new for '09 in stock and on our website for several months. These are not the older(larger/heavier) Medallions that took ACC -18/28 components a few years ago, but higher performance shafts for the competitive archer. The Medallion XR was in our '08-09 catalog and both Medallion XR & Pro are in our new '09-10 LAS Catalog that will be out the beginning of May. We'll be glad to answer any further questions on CX arrows that anyone might have...just contact LAS via pm, e-mail or phone 800-829-7408.

The Medallion XR is slightly larger and heavier than the Medallion Pro Shafts, but also less expensive. They are both great shafts that will perform well for outdoor target or field archery with compound or recurve bows. They are also made in a great variety of spine sizes to suit nearly all archer's needs.

CX MEDALLION XR SHAFTS
[2250284] $119.99 DZ.
Click to enlarge
• IDEAL ARROW FOR FIELD SHOOTERS WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A SMALL DIAMETER SHAFT THAT HELPS REDUCE CROSS WIND DRIFT
• IDEAL ARROW FOR THE YOUTH OR INTERMEDIATE BEGINNER ARCHER WHO IS LOOKING FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE ARROW AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE
• STRAIGHTNESS: ± .0030" MAX.
• WEIGHT TOLERANCE: ± 1.0 GRAIN
• SPINE SELECTION TOLERANCE: ± .0020"
• AVAILABLE IN 8 SIZES: 600 700 800 900 1000 1100 1300 1500
Available Options:
Size: 1100800150010007001300900600
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 03 July, 2008.

CX MEDALLION PRO SHAFTS
[2250331] $189.99 DZ.
Click to enlarge
• The Medallion Pro features 30-ton carbon for enhanced performance,
overall strength and improved recovery out of the bow, creating better accuracy.
• All Spines are as marked
• Available Sizes:
1000 - 5.0gpi
900 - 5.3gpi
800 - 5.7gpi
710 - 6.0gpi
650 - 6.5gpi
590 - 6.9gpi
530 - 7.3gpi
470 - 7.8gpi
410 - 8.5gpi
Available Options:
Sizes: 5907104705304108001000650900
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 24 January, 2009.
2250339 Stainless Steel Adjustable Points $22.99/dz.
2250332 Medallion Pro Pins for Pin Nocks $11.99/dz.
2250338 Medallion Pro MTO Fletched Arrows Complete $214.99/dz. (w/o pts.)

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks rob

Rob,,, thanks for the info.. but its not LAS i am upset with. its the companies themselves that don't include new shaft charts. its great to see that they are available through you ( which i might be making a call and ordering asap) but the fact that we can't find charts for spine available when they are released.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.