Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When switching from performance to comfort is does it effect your tune as far as cam timing etc? Or can you switch back in forth without any tuning other than sight tapes for the obvious FPS difference.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My thoughts are no affect on timing as all stays equal but I’ve always set them on performance and left them. Since selling my press(still kicking myself) I’m curious as I don’t want to run to a shop to mess with timing etc to switch back and forth

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I’ve not had any flip disc change affect my tune on ODB cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,534 Posts
It will not affect timing. Depending on where you arrow is at on dynamic spine I suppose there is a chance you could have a minor yoke tuning need.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will not affect timing. Depending on where you arrow is at on dynamic spine I suppose there is a chance you could have a minor yoke tuning need.
Thanks Predator I always shoot on the stiff side. Figured I’d ask as there are allot of guys that have messed with PowerShift. On performance the bow is sweet so I’m curious how much more smooth the draw cycle could possibly get as it’s really a smooth even pull in performance with a pretty nice valley and let off. But I’ll report back after switching.

·
formerly 3drcher48
5,940 Posts
Not sure on Realm, but on my Reign 6 I had last year, had to put 1/2 twist in bottom cable to get timing back when flipping disc. My X should be here tomorrow and I will check it.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On #8 27.5” dl setting one bolt is exactly under the limbs I’m not going to say how I removed it without a press but it involved both hands and feet plus my wife running the allen wrench to pull it off without a press(not recommended user caution). Timing seems bottom fast a touch. Anyway now to the comfort setting holy [email protected] it’s stupid smooth with a great valley and let off feels more than 80%. I cant believe how smooth it is and even at my short draw length I’m willing to give up the extra FPS after trying comfort setting. I got to shoot it out to 100 yards and the bow held and shot great(this was in performance prior to switching it tonight). Excited to shoot it at distance in comfort!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts