Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get some advice between a Realm, RealmX and Reign. I am long draw length (30.5) and am not sure which bow to go with. The only bow shop within 4 hours that sells bowtechs is really pushing the Realm. I shot a reign last year and it felt great, I shot a Realm later it and it felt great but they were too far apart in time to remember the difference, I haven't shot a RealmX yet. The closest dealer who carries the realms doesn't bother to carry the RealmX or the Reign except for special order and he is pushing the realm so hard it has me a little spooked. I am pretty much decided on one of these three bows but am really hurting on the time to drive several hours one way to find a place to shoot them all. I have the feeling I wont go wrong with any of the choices but I don't shoot a lot of bows and often keep the same bow for many years so I don't have the feel for the nuances of those with wider experience. I know that my feelings on a bow are totally subjective but so are the feelings of those with much wider experience and frankly I didn't make such a wise choice last time I tried out several bows so I ask, am I really going to be able to tell a difference? Would the longer RealmX be a better choice for my long draw length? For those of you who have shot all of them what is your advice and why? I'm liking the price of the used reigns right now but those who loved the reign are often moving to the realm so I'm wondering if the dealer is right and I should just go with the Realm for sure.

·
Premium Member
Reckoning 35 for 3D, RealmX for hunt, PSE SupraFocusXL for spot . Axcel, ARC release, Victory.
2,109 Posts
I have Reign 6 and it's nice bow. Good for hunting and goes in 3D but there's better bows for 3D.
I shot RealmX once and it was ½" too short DL for me but anyway. Draw cycle is a lot smoother compared to Reign's Comfort-mode.
But there was vibration in shot.. does it cont that much, don't know ?
There's lot of thread's where guys have solved that problem by small tuning's.
I liked RealmX's balance, grip etc. and there's no problem. Overall feeling was good, 'cause of vibration it wasn't great.

For me, I'm thinking of changing to RealmX but I really like Reign 6 so should I or just buy RealmX and keep Reign 6.
Keeping both is meaning that I will buy RealmX at next year or see what new is coming..
My this year bow equipment budget has been reached with Halon X Comp and sight's/rest's etc for it.

Go and test all of them if U have possibility to do so.. I would even drive 500miles if I could do that but here Finland no-one has any bows in store for testing.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
I liked the Realm-x better, held on target a little better than the Realm for me, and is faster. There is a little vibe on the bare bow, but i added limb dampers and a different string stop and don't feel a thing. I had a Reign 7 and greatly prefer the grip of the Realm bows over the Reign grips.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,532 Posts
Realm X for sure. Shot all three and owned a Reign 7 and a Realm X. Realm X grip is better and the new caged riser paired with the new limb pockets makes for a more stable shooting platform. Probably slightly more vibe bare bow but put a Cool Hand Luke string stop and a stab on the bow and it's a thing of beauty. Easily better than the Reign's IMO. Love the bow so much I have a 2nd on order.

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
Realm X for sure. Shot all three and owned a Reign 7 and a Realm X. Realm X grip is better and the new caged riser paired with the new limb pockets makes for a more stable shooting platform. Probably slightly more vibe bare bow but put a Cool Hand Luke string stop and a stab on the bow and it's a thing of beauty. Easily better than the Reign's IMO. Love the bow so much I have a 2nd on order.
This has been my experience also in regards to feel. I am still on the fence between the Realm and RealmX, if I go back to BT it would probably be an X because of the bit more ATA and speed.

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
I LOVE my Reign 7, however I bought a Realm X to try and also love that. I feel the Reign is quieter, but the Realm X is a bit longer ATA, 5fps faster and had a better grip plus an all new re-designed riser. Im trying to sell my Reign for <$600 and have no takers so everyone must really love the Realm series. THe realm for me is too short ATA wise so that one is out for me.

Whatever you choose the cams are fantastic and tuning is a breeze as always with BT. GL!!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I own a Reign 6 and it’s the best bow I’ve ever shot or owned by quite a bit. One of the biggest factors for me is quietness. The reigns are some of the quietest bows out so that’s why I gravitate that way. Plus I get along great with ever else and love the cam system. If I didn’t already own a Reign I’d probably get a Realm x though. Just don’t see enough benefits to change though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
My vote goes to the Reign6. fast, quiet, accurate,easy to tune any of the Bt,s.. as far as draw,,the realm better b smoother, it's 10fps slower. you,ll get used to the draw whatever u choose... the r6is in no way harsh. can,t go wrong with either r6or Realm

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
Realm X all the way

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,540 Posts
I think the Reign 6 is probably quieter and one of the deadest bows ever made. That being said the Realm X is not loud by any means just not in the same league, but does hold better. I like both bows for different reasons. To me it would be preference most of the techs at our shop prefer Reign series....

Shoot them get what you like... They both shoot super and I actually am reverse the grip on the Realm X is foreign to me because I have shot the traditional grip so long. Realm X is growing on me and is very easy to shoot good and hard to torque!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I just bought a Realm (not X). Coming from a RPM 360. I didn’t shoot a X, but shot a triax and reign 6 and settled on the realm. Hated the triax draw, otherwise it was nice. Reign was nice, but didn’t feel like it held on target quite as good. Realm draw is slightly smoother than reign. Reign didn’t move on the shot bare bow, realm kicked back on top. But with sight and stabilizer the realm just sits there. I’m 29.5 draw, and the realm string angle is fine with my anchor and I’m not moving my head to get the string to my nose. Very happy with my Realm

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Realm... Best of all the bows and a nice balance between all of them.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Seems like Realm or Realm x is the better bow. I think which one you like depends on how long of a brace height you like and what kind of string angle. 5 FPS is errelivent imo. I chose the realm for the longer brace height.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
All 3 are awesome bow’s, but imo the Realm is the best. I’m not a big fan of short ata bows but the Realm impressed me.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I shot all 3 last week and all 3 again this week. I went into it thinking realm x for sure before I shot them. Well now I keep leaning torward the reign 6. The dealer has the realm and reign priced the same. I have no idea why, but the reign just feels better to me. Now these were with just a rest on them. As bad as I wanted a realm x based on the reviews I have a feeling I’ll have to go with the reign. As weird as it is to say I really wanted an x, but that damn reign just feels right to me!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I own a Realm X and Reign 7. I shoot them at 31"

I loved the Reign, but thought the Realm X might be a bit more stable because of the slightly longer ATA.

The Realm X definitely is a bit louder/more hand shock, but it's minimal. The Reign was DEAD quiet and zero hand shock. The Realm X doesn't have much at all, but you can tell the difference between the two.

I've taken about 6 animals so far with the Realm X and I'll be hunting with it all year. It shoots very nice.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I shot all 3 last week and all 3 again this week. I went into it thinking realm x for sure before I shot them. Well now I keep leaning torward the reign 6. The dealer has the realm and reign priced the same. I have no idea why, but the reign just feels better to me. Now these were with just a rest on them. As bad as I wanted a realm x based on the reviews I have a feeling I’ll have to go with the reign. As weird as it is to say I really wanted an x, but that damn reign just feels right to me!
Aside from stability, I liked the reign bare bow. Go shoot them with sight and stab before you buy. Just to make your decision a little tougher, haha

·
Registered
205 Posts
Shot all 3 and if I walked out of the shop with one.. it would have been the Realm X for sure. It’s so difficult for anyone to decide on a bow without having to test shoot it first. As you can see here, everyone has their own opinions about it. Another model worth considering that I shot along all the other bows mentioned, and would have been the bow I ultimately would have gone home with is the BT MAG!!! I absolutely just love the overall balance and stable shot and performance of it! Since you are a longer draw shooter.. you might look into the BT MAG X!!! In reading that you like to keep your bows for several years.. in my opinion it would definitely be worth the drive to test shoot one! I’m a 28 inch draw and my vote goes to the BT MAG!!!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts