Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roughly what are the let off percentages of the realm x in comfort and performance setting?

How does the performance setting affect the draw or draw force curve? Does it just take longer to reach peak weight or does it carry peak weight longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I could be wrong but I remember someone measuring the letoff at 80% on comfort and 73% on performance.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
My Realm X is 53# holding weight is 10# in performance setting. My brother just bought a Elite 37 yesterday it is 63# and holding weight is 8#.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
I ordered some bomar draw stops and put them one position back from the set draw length and it feels like 83%-84% in performance to me. it gave it a great valley and the back wall is rock solid, it feels really similar to my Obsession K-34 which is about 83% and has limb stops. I love the Realm-X now, those stops completely changed the feel of that bow in performance.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I ordered some bomar draw stops and put them one position back from the set draw length and it feels like 83%-84% in performance to me. it gave it a great valley and the back wall is rock solid, it feels really similar to my Obsession K-34 which is about 83% and has limb stops. I love the Realm-X now, those stops completely changed the feel of that bow in performance.
Where did you order yours from and did you leave your mod at the correct draw length and the steps one longer?

·
Free spirit
2,926 Posts
That's exactly what I did. 28.5" draw but stops are in the 29" hole. Gives me about 83-84% let off. This will change a lot depending on your draw length so if you guys play around with this, be sure to use a draw board and check all the variables before going full tilt with it.

·
Free spirit
2,926 Posts
Where did you order yours from and did you leave your mod at the correct draw length and the steps one longer?
Keep mod at the right length and just play a little with the limb stop position. Be sure the cables are not wrapping too hard around the axle and you should be fine.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
yea, just like stated above, it really gives the bow almost like a elite/obsession feel on the draw into the valley and at the wall, fantastic in my opinion.

I ordered mine direct from Bomar

Bomar directly.
Sheilah Bomar
Bomar Archery Products
1095 Goodrick Dr.
Tehachapi, CA 93561
Ph: (661) 822-4671
Fax: (661) 822-9466

Little cheaper and fast shipping

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
i tested mine today when i got home, need to increase the poundage, but the average on mine is:
total weight 69.14 lbs , holding weight was 10.4, that is 85% let off, pretty stoked.
that is in performance, draw mod in correct slot, draw stop one slot back.

·
Registered
11,250 Posts
I forget all the numbers but out of the box mine was almost 87% let off, which is more than I like after a string change and tuning it’s at 81% now and perfect for me

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,354 Posts
i tested mine today when i got home, need to increase the poundage, but the average on mine is:
total weight 69.14 lbs , holding weight was 10.4, that is 85% let off, pretty stoked.
that is in performance, draw mod in correct slot, draw stop one slot back.
What was your draw length set at?

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,354 Posts
Which Bomar stops did you use? I'm interested in moving my draw stops 1 hole further out to achieve more letoff. I'm a 30 inch dl though. Very intrigued to hear this may work.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
I sold the bow , but I will sell my bomars and lucky stops to you want.
I will shoot ya a PM in the morning, gonna hit the hay.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,354 Posts
I sold the bow , but I will sell my bomars and lucky stops to you want.
I will shoot ya a PM in the morning, gonna hit the hay.
Yeah I'll take both. Shoot me a PM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts