Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used a 3 section ez hanger???? I wanted it for bow hunting but thought it would have to much weight on it out there at the end.....

any opinions, i have use the 22 inch 2 section and it works fine!!!!!!!!

any thoughts

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I too have only used the 2, also the bigger one, section one but might get the 3 section. I got my dad one last year for Christmas and he loves it. I like the adjustability. Once in awhile the 2 section one will have my bow hanging in a position that is not perfect, but still works. I'd say get it.:thumbs_up

· Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
I have used the three section while bowhunting with no problems..... I would not hang my Encore off of it though ;)

I do use it when gun hunting though..... It makes a great gun rest that can articulate around pretty easily!!

· Registered
2,526 Posts
I have all three styles. There was a problem with the 3 arms last year with one of the bolts breaking. I would twist them around in the store or as soon as you get one to ensure it's o.k.

For hunting I prefer the standard length two arm.

The hook on the mini two arm is too severe and makes for difficult removal without looking.

Edit: I also like the Primos two arm.

· Registered
705 Posts
I use the three arm and customize them by drilling out/replace the factory bolts and replace them with 5/16 bolts and nylok nuts. I then cut off the original bow hook and make one that is shaped like an "L". I then drill a hole up/down in the end which the L hook goes into, then a washer is welded on top. This arrangement allows you to use the three sections of the hanger to its full length potential PLUS allows the bow to swivel 360 degrees on the hanging hook. Alot of work but, way better than stock!!!

· Registered
103 Posts
I use the three arm and customize them by drilling out/replace the factory bolts and replace them with 5/16 bolts and nylok nuts. I then cut off the original bow hook and make one that is shaped like an "L". I then drill a hole up/down in the end which the L hook goes into, then a washer is welded on top. This arrangement allows you to use the three sections of the hanger to its full length potential PLUS allows the bow to swivel 360 degrees on the hanging hook. Alot of work but, way better than stock!!!

sounds real nice, post some pics if you can

· Bowhunter
5,278 Posts
3-arm works fine for me. I really only use it with my climber and use bow hooks with my hang-on stands (don't want to keep putting holes in the same tree again and again and I don't want to invest in a lot of ez hangers).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.