Archery Talk Forum banner

Realtree road trips fleece????

631 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  PAKraig
Just wonderin if this stuff is warm enough to wear on those 20 deg nov mornings with a little layering underneath??
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19,980 Posts
with layering its great used it all last season,but it is not wind proof!!! got pelted with a stiff 20 plus wind last year and froze my azz off.other than that its a good suit,i wear a layer of poly pro type base, fleece and wool when it gets down that cold.

· Registered
4,106 Posts
Unless your Chuck you are going to freeze!

better wear a lot underneath it...or you'll freeze your arse off! Not very warm coat. I layer mine w/ a cabela's windshear sweater and that does the trick till you get below the mid 30's, then its time to reload w/ warmer gear...unless your name is Chuck Norris..toughest man alive

· Straight Shooter
6,661 Posts
See, I think mine does pretty well in the wind. Sat on stand all day the 2nd day of the PA rifle season last year in stiff winds..15-25 probably, and stayed warm, of course there were a few layers underneath. Coldgear base, thermal shirt, and a long sleeve t-shirt.

It's a nice light in weight jacket that keeps me warm and is as silent as any hunting gear can be. I like wearing layers anyway, so it's not a big deal to me. That way, if I get the urge to change spots, I take off one or two layers, stuff them in my pack and go for a hike. I'd rather have an outer garment that's a little too light, than way too heavy:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.