Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What rear side bar mount do you guys run on your v3's? I'm looking at getting a fairly cheap mount so I can try rear side bars out. I have the typical lean to the right at full draw due to the rest and sight weight. Thank you

·
Full Time Novice
7,712 Posts
lol I will bite. Some will have the mathews version which is made by shrewd. I like the Axcel Tri Lock its pretty nice and then Bee Stinger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Mathews Triax, it seems very top heavy and I'd like to add a rear stabilizer. What amount of weight do you recommend so the bow stays level in my hand.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol I will bite. Some will have the mathews version which is made by shrewd. I like the Axcel Tri Lock its pretty nice and then Bee Stinger.
I dont really want to buy a mathews named one. Way to damn exspensive for me. Lol I want something cheap just to try out but adjustable would be nice. Thanks ill look into axcel and stingers

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mathews accessories are a scam... I bought a CBE one for my V3. Lots of adjustability. Not cheap either but cheaper than a Mathews brand. The shrewd mount is the same as Mathews but hard to find. Bee stinger one is solid too

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
The shrewd atlas is rock solid but will be around $100. The static mount by Mathews isn't adjustable but will do the job at about $20

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Mathews Triax, it seems very top heavy and I'd like to add a rear stabilizer. What amount of weight do you recommend so the bow stays level in my hand.
You will have to go into a shop and try a bunch out and see what works. Ill do that in a bit after I find a mount that works for me.

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
You will have to go into a shop and try a bunch out and see what works. Ill do that in a bit after I find a mount that works for me.
I've used these before..
Inexpensive but work well. I mainly got them for the integrated sling mount, but they won't break the bank trying to find out if you like it or not. With a little star washer and it will solid

·
Registered
Mathews MQ1,LX,VXR 31.5
384 Posts
The shrewd atlas is rock solid but will be around $100. The static mount by Mathews isn't adjustable but will do the job at about $20

fo
I picked up a perfect used one here a few weeks back for 80$. New Atlas 99$, Shrewd makes the Atlas rebranded for Mathews for 40$ more.. was very impressed with quality of it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just use the Mathews static side bar mount 20$ n be done with it.
I still may. I was told by several people to get a adjustable do to possibly having to drop the stabilizer lower instead of straight back. I assume for tweeking purposes on what works for individual shooters. So I was kinda looking for a cheap adjustable one to see. I would borrow one from a friend but none of them use any stabilizers. Lol

·
Registered
12,530 Posts
I still may. I was told by several people to get a adjustable do to possibly having to drop the stabilizer lower instead of straight back. I assume for tweeking purposes on what works for individual shooters. So I was kinda looking for a cheap adjustable one to see. I would borrow one from a friend but none of them use any stabilizers. Lol
I tried the static mount on my halon-32 but the bow handled better for me with the weight lower. I went with the atlas and couldn't be happier.
There are similar options to the one I posted above. You can get it without the sling.

·
Registered
Mathews V3 31. 29 DL 60 LB. Spot Hogg fast Eddy
28 Posts
I run the Mathews adjustable v bar. Yes, the Mathews accessories are not expensive but I bit the bullet and bought them for the V3. Nice fit and no issues.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now will the shrewd single adjustable v bar mount or the bee stinger fit the rear mounting hole on the v3?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got a Bee Stinger adjustable mount on myV3, it is not the expensive one, it only has in/out adjustment, but you can tilt the bracket up/down if needed, works fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run the Atlas and love it. My son runs a setup from Quattro Archery out of South Africa. It's a little less than the Shrewd but you pay more on shipping. The Quattro Vero side mount is pretty stout. If you're looking for a full bar setup with weights and sidebar they have some sweet options. The dark wood Dentro is hot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is my setup. I guess it’s maybe not technically the Shrewd Atlas v-bar because it’s the Mathews version. Currently running it with the 10” flatline (1 oz) in the front and 8” (3oz) in the back. It balances pretty well with the Mathews Q-Lite quiver.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts