Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been asked before but here goes. Went to proshop with a used Mathews 2008 Drenaln LD with 50lb limbs bought on AT. Anyway went in to buy arrows and other accessories and had owner install peep and d loop and look it over. Got all taken care of and he said the bow was way out of time and he fixed that and we put it on the scale and the bow would only make about 48 or 49 lbs not the 53 or so hoping for. Anyway any opinions on getting the poundage up? I had to leave to go to a basketball game and didn't get a chance to see what he thought would help. Pro shop is B2 archery in Topeka
and Dennis the owner is a great guy to deal with. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
you could twist up the y cable a bit and that will get you the poundage.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
This has probably been asked before but here goes. Went to proshop with a used Mathews 2008 Drenaln LD with 50lb limbs bought on AT. Anyway went in to buy arrows and other accessories and had owner install peep and d loop and look it over. Got all taken care of and he said the bow was way out of time and he fixed that and we put it on the scale and the bow would only make about 48 or 49 lbs not the 53 or so hoping for. Anyway any opinions on getting the poundage up? I had to leave to go to a basketball game and didn't get a chance to see what he thought would help. Pro shop is B2 archery in Topeka
and Dennis the owner is a great guy to deal with. Thanks.
..."way out of time" is different than "out of specs"...and/or time...

...if you want a 50lb bow to pull 53lbs or so...after making the adjustments to the bow to get it to 53lbs, you might very well be slightly out of time, slightly out of spec or BOTH...tweaking can get it pretty darn exact though...

...but it sounds as if DENNIS at B2 Archery knows what he is doing...

...tell him you want it to pull 53lbs and let "him" worry about "what" to do in order to get there...

...just keep in mind, it might not spec out quite perfect after that...but it should be pretty darn close!!

...a bow not pulling the proper poundage can be caused from one or several things...among them, string/cable stretch...weak or damaged limbs...limb bolts not bottomed out...

...a couple pounds over maximum is not uncommon...I would however be leary about going much higher than that!!!...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i bought a martin bengal on e-bay it would not reach it's peak wt. no matter how much i twisted the cable i just ordered a good custom string and split cable, put them on got the peak wt of 60# , the brace ht was wright, the ata was ok, and the cam was in the proper timing position. i guess that was the reason the bow was on e-bay, it was supposed to be a new bow, more than likely came from the factory like that. [string to long]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts