Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got new strings and cables for Reck 38. Been shooting them a few months. The cams on the Reck 38 have some tight turns. The loop bundles were fairly thin on original strings and cables. The new threads had much larger bundles and I could see they hardly even sat down in cam grooves. In pic the black loop is factory and grey is the custom string. I figured this was going to cause wear and separation. Checked today and had some trouble spots.
I haven’t heard back from builder yet but is there some information I can give them to remedy this?
Materials, serving size,etc.
Has anyone else had this issue.
Photograph White Plant Gesture Art

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the worst spot. You can see the wear and separation. The loop bundle didn’t fit in cam groove right there.
Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

QUOTE="Ryder2014, post: 1114701879, member: 634953"]
I got new strings and cables for Reck 38. Been shooting them a few months. The cams on the Reck 38 have some tight turns. The loop bundles were fairly thin on original strings and cables. The new threads had much larger bundles and I could see they hardly even sat down in cam grooves. In pic the black loop is factory and grey is the custom string. I figured this was going to cause wear and separation. Checked today and had some trouble spots.
I haven’t heard back from builder yet but is there some information I can give them to remedy this?
Materials, serving size,etc.
Has anyone else had this issue.
View attachment 7645946
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have GAS strings on mine and haven't had any issues with them. They are the Ghost XV ones and not sure if they are thinner or not. Also have a set of MAD GOAT strings coming also to try out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Your strings should match the thickness of the originals. A measurement with calipers of the cam grooves and string diameter would help the builder but to be fair they should know strands count and serving thicknesses?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your strings should match the thickness of the originals. A measurement with calipers of the cam grooves and string diameter would help the builder but to be fair they should know strands count and serving thicknesses?
That’s what I figured. I should have followed my gut. When I ordered the string he didn’t seem to have any experience building a string for this particular bow. They had good reviews on AT so I stuck with them.

I sent them pics and they are going to build me a new set. I ordered a set from someone else too just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts