Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting archery for a little over a year and I am tired of depending on a pro shop to adjust my bow when I have problems. I would like to learn how to do everything myself instead of relying on the help of others. Can anyone recommend a good archery book that explains what each and every part of a bow is and exactly what it does. I would like to learn as much as possible. I have access to a bow press, so I think it is time I taught myself.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Try "Tuning your Compound Bow" by Larry Wise! Available on www.amazon.com

From there....it's all about experience!

--Mike

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Tons of books out there, depends really what you want to learn... What I would recommend is hanging out a Pro Shop or volunteering to work for free or hanging around w/ the folks at an Archery club.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Absolutely the series of books written by Larry Wise. I know him and he's just an average type guy who knows about all you'll ever want to know about compound bows. Larry knows how to say things in laymen's terms. The books are called the "ON Target" series.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for helping me out. I will buy the book by Larry Wise from Amazon. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered a couple of books!

This site is also great, with hundreds of great people with a ton of experience. You may find it more efficient and cheaper to ask the members here or do a search each time you want to work on your bow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts