Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting to look into getting a bow. 0 experience and wondering if someone has any pointers recommendations for a good bow to start with.

Thanks,

·
Registered
248 Posts
Regardless of brand, you just need to go and shoot all different type of bows to see what feels the best for you. One persons perfect bow might be the next persons worst bow!

·
Registered
559 Posts
I bought my girlfriend a Mission Maniac. She loves it. The best part is it is very adjustable so you can try different draw lengths and draw weights until you find exactly what setting fit you best.

·
Eric
4,271 Posts
Woman's bow

I bought my wife a Diamond Razors edge for her first bow because the poundage an draw length adjusts so much and she loves her bow. The bow is very user friendly and lightweight. Good luck just make sure whoever sets the bow up for you the check your draw length becaue this is critical

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought my girlfriend a Mission Maniac. She loves it. The best part is it is very adjustable so you can try different draw lengths and draw weights until you find exactly what setting fit you best.
awesome bow i bought my girlfriend the same one and she loves it and having the adjustable range with the weight and lengths is a +

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,004 Posts
Like stated above there are alot of good bows out there for women. If you can try shooting a few but make sure you get the correct draw length and a comfortable draw weight to start with. If you do this you will enjoy shooting your new bow..Remember you want it to be fun not work..My wife has been shooting for a year now and she loves it..Good luck on your quest for a bow...And have fun ..:smile:

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Several to chose from, Parker has the Side Kick, Darton the Ranger series, Diamond has two... the list is too much. Figure how much you want to spend the weight and draw that you need and have fun.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Shoot what ever you can get your hands on. Different people like different thing, that said my wife shoots a Diamond Edge

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Diamond Razor Edge

·
Registered
335 Posts
pse chaos one

Yes like stated above test shoot several and go with what feels best. But take a look at the pse chaos one! Great bow and great price do adjusts easy no press and shoots very accurate

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
First thing... get properly measured by a qualified tech. Then shoot a good single cam bow(Mission, Martin, Mathews, ect...) then shoot some good hybrid bows( Bowtechs, Elites, ect...) then shoot some youth two-cam bows( Parker Sidekick, Diamond Razors Edge, ect...) ..... Those three types of bows have very different and distinct draw cycles and valleys(what it feels like at full draw).

Once you've decided what feels the best to you, then you can narrow down your search to a particular cam type. All "brands" are good, but not all feel right to everyone.
LET THE BOW PICK YOU!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
PSE, Mission

if you get the chance to try out the PSE Chaos or the Mission Menace give them a try. both are relatively cheap and both are really good shooters. and both of the companies have outstanding customer service

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
First thing... get properly measured by a qualified tech. Then shoot a good single cam bow(Mission, Martin, Mathews, ect...) then shoot some good hybrid bows( Bowtechs, Elites, ect...) then shoot some youth two-cam bows( Parker Sidekick, Diamond Razors Edge, ect...) ..... Those three types of bows have very different and distinct draw cycles and valleys(what it feels like at full draw).

Once you've decided what feels the best to you, then you can narrow down your search to a particular cam type. All "brands" are good, but not all feel right to everyone.
LET THE BOW PICK YOU!!!
Great advice!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts