Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a turkey blind to bow hunt out of. Last year I hunted out of a Scheel's boondocks, and the rods broke in it. I liked the space and design of the blind, but it wasn't made sturdy enough. Consequently, I ended up taking the blind back for a refund after the season was over. So this year, I am looking for a new blind to hunt out of. I was wondering what you guys are using and what you like and/or dislike about the blind. I don't really have a budget, so just shoot away.

·
Registered
126 Posts
if budget is not a problem, then get a double bull matrix 360. heard more positives about this blind than any other.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I love my Matrix, but the Dark Horse is like getting a Matrix and a T-5 all in one, so if I were to be buying right now I'd probably get the Dark Horse. I like the camo on the Matrix better but hey, the turkeys don't care. Make sure to PM some of the dealers here on AT, they have prices better than any retailer!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Ameristep Intimidator It is 360 vis.Check them out at Natchez.com
Way cheaper than Double Bull & just as good.The DB blinds are way over priced.I payed 149.99 for mine check them out before buying a DB.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
The Dark Horse is sweet and once you see it in person it's just a matter of writing a check or getting the plastic out as the quality is there and their reputation speaks for itself. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What do you guys think about the new dark horse. Is it as easy to set up as the matrix?
Its the same blind , just a different window configuration..

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just ordered mine; dark horse

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'd go with the groundmax escape deluxe over the DB and yes I have used both. No way is the DB $250 better than the groundmax . It MIGHT be $20 better, but even this is debatable. The GM Escape Deluxe is currently on sale at Cabela's for $129.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The only thing that made the double bull worth the money WAS the great warranty, now you gotta pay somewhat for parts so they no longer are worth the price compared to some of their competitors. I really like the ground max predators den that me and another guy bought. A little worried that the velcro on the windows might be a problem, but other than that this blind is amazing for $130. Check it out, for the price i don't think it can be beat, heck for double the price it would be hard to beat.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
The only thing that made the double bull worth the money WAS the great warranty, now you gotta pay somewhat for parts so they no longer are worth the price compared to some of their competitors. I really like the ground max predators den that me and another guy bought. A little worried that the velcro on the windows might be a problem, but other than that this blind is amazing for $130. Check it out, for the price i don't think it can be beat, heck for double the price it would be hard to beat.
Primos recently purchased two blind companies = Double Bull and Ground Max

Reason

Double Bull = Premium Line
Ground Max = "Ok I guess it will do" line

It is kinda like shooting a binelli or a Mossberg I guess, as they will both do the job most of the time. Good luck hunting out of whatever brand you choose..GSLAM95

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
i am aware that they are both owned by primos, but i compared the predator den to the other ground max blinds and i thought the other ones they made looked like junk and this one i though looked great. I think a better analogy might to label them DB as a big bow company, and ground max predators den as like the cheaper bran (like reflex or diamond), still got the quality, just maybe not the very best but a cheaper price.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i am aware that they are both owned by primos, but i compared the predator den to the other ground max blinds and i thought the other ones they made looked like junk and this one i though looked great. I think a better analogy might to label them DB as a big bow company, and ground max predators den as like the cheaper bran (like reflex or diamond), still got the quality, just maybe not the very best but a cheaper price.

I own both and I think thats a pretty good analogy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.