Archery Talk Forum banner

Recommendations for upgrade

688 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Dale_B1
I currently shoot a Bear Marshall and have been for a bout a year. I'm a novice and focus on target archery. I'm considering upgrading in 2017. If I do, I expect I will keep whatever I get for a number of years. I don't expect to upgrade again any time soon. I'm looking in the range of $1000 or so, perhaps a bit more. I think I would prefer to move to a sort of cross over bow that is not strictly target but more in that direction than the bow I currently own, something with an ATA in the range of 34 or 35 perhaps. The marshal is 31. I would also prefer not to sacrifice too much "speed".

The shop where I shoot carries mostly Hoyt and Mathews, then Prime with a few or couple of Elite, Bear and PSE. I like the look of the PSE Evolve for 2017 and was considering the PSE Evolve 35. I'm open to any brand really.

Base on personal experience and these considerations, what might I consider, say the top five?

Thanks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
680 Posts
Stick with your Bear. You can't buy accuracy but you can learn how to get there and your Bear will take you.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

· Shootin and Cussin
27,290 Posts
You need to go to a couple of shops and shoot everything that you may be interested in.

I got to shoot the new Prime Centergy Hybrid last week and I'm impressed. I am a Prime Fanboy. I admit it.

· Registered
12,015 Posts
I would shoot em all. I have liked Hoyt the past 2 bows. It have shot Mathews and bowtech. I would take a whole day and shot em all. I like my Hoyt if I was gonna suggest one it would be that, Xpedition, obsession and I wanna try a prime.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stick with your Bear. You can't buy accuracy but you can learn how to get there and your Bear will take you.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk
Thanks for this input. I'm sure I haven't exhausted the potential of the Bear. One consideration is what, if anything, I would gain at this point other than thinning out my wallet.

· Registered
55,454 Posts
Any gains like getting a different bow is all personal choice. Myself there is nothing wrong with my hunting bow right now. Works perfectly, love it. But when hunting season ends it is for sale. Why, no other reason than I want a new bow. Which bow ???????? Haven't a clue yet. But there is one out there that will pick me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.