Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a woman, I know absolutely nothing about crossbows. what would you recommend for a woman? would would i need to know?

different brands? recurve vs compound?

I currently shot a compound bow, and possibly looking for a crossbow in the not so distant future (due to elbow injury). For 3D and probably hunting.

i'm not totally ready to give up archery yet!

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Take a look at

Ten Point's GT Flex (recurve) and Pro Slider (compound). They are light weight and the most versatile crossbows on the market (3 draw weight settings)........and they grow on you;), especially for hunting.

·
Registered
76,684 Posts
Ten Point's GT Flex (recurve) and Pro Slider (compound). They are light weight and the most versatile crossbows on the market (3 draw weight settings)........and they grow on you;), especially for hunting.
I don't remember what it was, but it was a 150 pound bow with 300 plus speeds. I remember... Barnett.

What do you know about the Middleton bow? It's a recurve and seems pretty fast and short with the 315 I think and also pretty light arent they?

Much Aloha... :cool::beer:

·
Registered
10,661 Posts

I second the motion,.

They are fairly light weight too..especially the the GT Flex.

S

·
0 Posts
Being a woman, I know absolutely nothing about crossbows. what would you recommend for a woman? would would i need to know?

I currently shot a compound bow, and possibly looking for a crossbow in the not so distant future (due to elbow injury). For 3D and probably hunting.

Hey Sheila, check out the Parker line, I used their Spartan to shoot the OAA indoors and it is crazy accurate, I haven't found anything to come close to it and that is shooting it stock, it is plenty fat for 3-d around 285 with a 400gr bolt I am in the 290's, easy cocking and supper light, their newer version is called a bushwacker and is lightweight with the same front end as the Spartan.

PS you know if you get one Ray is gonna want one to eh:D

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
if you are a canadian you probaly should go with a excaliber. they have a great reputation and if any thing goes wrong getting it fixed shouldn't be a problem. i bought mine from a guy who may be the top crossbow dealer in the nation. his phone # is 603-659-0575. you can also dial up wyvern creations on the internet. dave can answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The Tenpoint Pro Slider would be perfect. adjustable fore-grip, adjustable poundage and very user friendly. Not to mention it is a smooth shooter with the best trigger out there for crossbows. You may think I am being a little bit biased, but I know several women that shoot this bow and they all love it. The price is $639-$839 depending on how you get the bow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cocking Devices

I think the best way to see which crossbow fits you best is to shoulder them to see their fit and feel. I agree that our Pro Slider model is a great place to start. Also Check out our patented built-in-stock cocking aids. Our ACUdraw is the premier cocking aid available to date. It is a crank system that you only have to crank 5lbs of draw and it cocks the bow the same (accuracy) every time.

Our ACUdraw 50 allows you to cock the bow with only 50% of the draw weight accurately everytime. Either cocking device allows people to be independent in the woods. Check out the photos and feel free to send me a message or call if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
follow the advice given by S.F. Steve...call David at Wyvern Creations...I know several people that have done business with him...all have been very happy.....

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
follow the advice given by S.F. Steve...call David at Wyvern Creations...I know several people that have done business with him...all have been very happy.....
Boughta lotta stuff from the guy ... he's Aces. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
along the same lines...

Hey Sheila, check out the Parker line, I used their Spartan to shoot the OAA indoors and it is crazy accurate, I haven't found anything to come close to it and that is shooting it stock, it is plenty fat for 3-d around 285 with a 400gr bolt I am in the 290's, easy cocking and supper light, their newer version is called a bushwacker and is lightweight with the same front end as the Spartan.

PS you know if you get one Ray is gonna want one to eh:D
Sean,
What do you think of the Enforcer 160 for a 5'2" woman? I also have a question about the cables crossed on the right (pre-assembled), but all instructions I have read (just for the heck of it), specify crossing them on the right. Is this a problem? (Wasn't able to sight-in and shoot off any field-tips today b/c of it... disappointing day.)

Sheila, Great question... thanks for getting these great answers ~ and hope you found your right x-bow...

Victoria

S

·
0 Posts
Sean,
What do you think of the Enforcer 160 for a 5'2" woman? I also have a question about the cables crossed on the right (pre-assembled), but all instructions I have read (just for the heck of it), specify crossing them on the right. Is this a problem? (Wasn't able to sight-in and shoot off any field-tips today b/c of it... disappointing day.)

Sheila, Great question... thanks for getting these great answers ~ and hope you found your right x-bow...

Victoria

it certainly is it has the same platform as the bushwacker but has the buckbuster front end for the most part it is quicker than the bushwacker but not overbaring to handle., Sent you a pm on the cables

·
Registered
4,246 Posts

Good for you for not giving up!! I moved to a crossbow last year due to health reasons also.

You have had good advice in prior posts on this thread. I can't add any specifics.

I CAN add that a call to Wyvern would be a good idea. The man knows his stuff and is an honest retailer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts