Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
repair? Have any of you heard about this? My Exocet is less than a year old and probably has less than 200 shots throught it. Well, the limb cracked, I posted this on a previous post/thread. I just got a call from my shop where I took it to get repaired. When I got there, everything appeared fine and both limbs had been replaced, I was only charged $10- for shipping, which I thought was fair. I looked the bow over before leaving and saw that the one limb had a big scratch through the paint and there were other marks/scratches as well. I asked the guy again if they replaced both limbs. He said "Yes" but he was not the one who put it back together. Just then the owner of the store came by and overheard our discussion. He went and got the person who worked on my bow. The kid said he replaced both limbs and also shot the bow several times. He said it shot fine. Now, I am a little paranoid about this limb thing especially in light of what happened before. The owner said he would order another set and give me a call when they came in. I went out for a bit and when I came home, there was a message from the store owner saying that he called Excalibur and asked them about the limbs. He said the person he spoke to told him that the use "Reconditioned Limbs" for their warrany repairs!! He was not pleased about it and I told him that I was not pleased either though in truth as long as they are OK to use, I will use them. He was going to get in touch with the president of Excalibur and tell him that we (both he and I ) are not real happy with that scenario. He said he would call me when he heard something. Anybody else hear about this????

· Registered
893 Posts
So,If a limb is in such bad shape it must be sent back to Excalibur,what? they replace it with a limb not so bad?

Or a maybe it will make it limb?

I think not!

Like to hear end of story on this.

· Registered
740 Posts
Reconditioned limbs as a warrant replacement???

WooHoo!! If that is true, it casts a pretty stinky smell over Excalibur.

Wonder what the Excal lovers on their forum have to say about that???????????????

· Registered
1,878 Posts
"How do you recondition a limb?" is what I'd say.

There are a lot of interesting compounds out there.
Its not beyond the realm of possiblities.

My 2nd question would be "what are the failure rates of reconditioned
limbs and new limbs?"

My 3rd question would be, "does a reconditioned limb carry the same
warranty as a replaced limb?"

I'd come up with more questions after those 3...maybe.
Depending on the answers...I might not care to ask any more.

· Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I

also e-mailed Excalibur customer service yesterday asking them if this is indeed their practice. I have a hard time believing it but I guess it could be true?? I really like these bows and their accuracy is excellent. I am awaiting their reply as well as that of the shop owner. If I don't hear anything in a day or two, I will call them direct as well to see what the answer is.

· Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got an e-mail from Peter @ Excalibur

today concerning the replacement limbs on my Exocet. He had just spoke with the owner at my local shop and was sending out a new pair right away. He said that is NOT Excalibur policy to send out used or reconditioned limbs for a warranty repair/replacement. I am very pleased at his prompt attention to my dilema and for rectifying the situation. Hats off to them and I will still continue to be a supporter of Excalibur bows.
I am a bit curious though as to how these current limbs ended up on my bow. I asked Peter if he might have any answers and I am waiting to hear back from him.

· Registered
757 Posts
I blew a limb on an Ecet last year, one too many dry fires. I sent the limb/riser assy into Miller, got back two apparently new limbs, new dissipator bars and pads. Less than 7 days door to door, cost me $7. Bolted the riser on the rail, added a string, and was 2 clicks off at 20yds. I don't care if he got them out of a box or a barrel, my mistake was basically free.

· Registered
40 Posts
Hi RabidPSUfan,

For 25 years Excalibur Crossbow has built its reputation on its quality of product and level of customer service, It is NOT our practice to replace limbs with reconditioned units.

I'm not sure why you received a replacement limb that was scratched, however I just got off the phone with the store who looked after your limb warranty and we have a brand new set of limbs on the way to them so you will have the limbs in a few days. If anybody ever has any concerns regarding any of our products please don't hesitate to contact us, we'll do whatever it takes to get you back hunting quickly.

Peter Balfour
Excalibur Crossbow Inc.

· Registered
740 Posts
That's great that this issue was put to rest so quickly. Kudos to Excalibur and Mr Balfour for quickly addressing the situation and providing the truth about warranty replacement parts!!

· Lowered expectations
20,220 Posts
Excalibur, along with Martin, remain in my experience the only A+ customer service archery companies I have ever dealt with.

There were a few others that came close, and I have to say I was disillusioned this week by one other company I used to think was at that level. Have to bump that company down to a "B".

· Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excalibur and Peter

made good on their warranty yesterday! I got a call from my dealer that the new limbs were here. I took a drive down and they put them on in about 10 minutes. I shot a few arrows before leaving the store. Everything looks to be back to normal:) I am happy to have the Exocet back up and running. Hats off to Excalibur and Peter for taking care of my problem. I sure do appreciate it. Good luck to all for the remainder of the season!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.