Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Columbus Ohio Police Dept has recovered what they believe to be a stolen Martin Cougar III Magnum (see attached Photos). They have been unable to determine who the owner is. Please contact me if you know of anyone who has had there bow stolen in central ohio. Also, two OLD shotguns were recovered too.

Det Douglas M Ropp
Marysville PD
Marysville, OHio
937-645-1054

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I hope you find the owner. I had a bow stolen several years ago and I know just how infuriating it is. Never got mine back thoough. They did catch the guys a few months later. The stolen several hundred thousand dollars worth of stuff out of trucks. Got about 2 years in jail.

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
lucky you, if it was a Hoyt, the pirate probably would have been able to unload it.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
The windstalker cableguard would be a good id for the bow, is there a serial #?

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,370 Posts
Sure hope the guys that owned these get them back.

Thanks for posting this. Maybe the owners will be found!

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Way to go guys!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a ser#, and CPD is trying to see if Martin has any info on it. I did not release the number, b/c that is one of the things that the owner may have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IDABOW,
Do the windstalker cable spreader's haver ser#'s on them. I do not have the bow with me at my agency. I am posting this for a DET in CPD who sent out an intel rquest. I am such a bow nut, I hate to see someone lose there bow.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Columbus Ohio Police Dept has recovered what they believe to be a stolen Martin Cougar III Magnum (see attached Photos). They have been unable to determine who the owner is. Please contact me if you know of anyone who has had there bow stolen in central ohio. Also, two OLD shotguns were recovered too.

Det Douglas M Ropp
Marysville PD
Marysville, OHio
937-645-1054
If you think you can get a positive ID on the owner, other than the serial number (because not everyone writes that down) you might post on Craigslist also. Like: Stolen Martin bow recovered. Call XXX-XXXX to claim. If they identify it as a Cougar III Magnum with a quiver and windstalker, you'd have your owner.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Ahhh, what bow....I was entranced with Kstigall's avatar again....:confused:......oh, the Martin.......good work on getting it from the thief, hope the owner gets it back......:eek:

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Check the local pro shop to see if anybody reported a stolen bow. Lots of times people tell the local shops so that they know if somebody comes in trying to sell one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts