Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a good recurve case. My recurve is a take down. Any suggestions on a good durable case. I need one that will last and do a good job of protecting my bow. I don't really care what it looks like. Thanks

·
Registered
20,758 Posts
cilleng -

The best cases out there are the SKB single and double t/d recurve cases. They're designed for ORs, but any can be adapted to fix and they are airline approved. Down side is that they are big, bulky, and expensive.

The Hoppe's T/D bow case is a good 2nd choice, and the Neet case is number 3, as far as pure strength.

I've used the SKB and the Neet cases, and both do their jobs well, but I wouldn't use the Neet case on an airline.

Viper out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bow Cases

I use generic takedown shotgun cases for mine. You can get them for around $60 and they are very tuff. I got my last one at Sportsmans Warehouse for $45 on sale and its even covered in Advantage camo.

·
Registered
759 Posts
culleng said:
I am shopping for a good recurve case. My recurve is a take down. Any suggestions on a good durable case. I need one that will last and do a good job of protecting my bow. I don't really care what it looks like. Thanks
If you don`t care about cosmetics you should think about making your own.4" diameter schedule 40 pvc pipe(schedule 80 if you want it to be bomb proof).Cut the pipe to length-glue some foam inside 2 4" end caps-glue one cap on one end-slip the other cap on and your done.You can customize as you like-carrying handle,cover the outside in camo fabric,etc.Quick,inexpensive and easy.Good luck :thumbs_up

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
I made a wood box along the lines of archer446's for my takedown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts