Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to modify my grip for better contact with the pad on my hand below my thumb, rather than higher into the area between the thumb and forefinger. I have seen videos using epoxy but i was wondering if anyone does it with something less permanent like grip tape for a tennis raquet. I want to be able to try different shapes before committing to something and locking it in. any tips would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Sugru

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
This stuff is great but get the nonallergenic kind. That said I have seen a number of grips modified with tape around them so I assume some kind of carved block. Sugru does work but I think I have heard of epoxy putty as well. In all cases discussed here the mods are pretty permanent??

·
Phoenix, AZ
2,034 Posts
Just cut and shape some wooden wedges and use grip tape to hold in place.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sugru is very non-permanent. It just peels back off. It's great for temporary experimentation like OP is looking for. Then after you figure out what changes you want to make you can add plumber's putty or epoxy or whatever to make the same shape changes but more permanently.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
Sugru or the DIY variety.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sugru, Easy to mold, you just have to be careful with it as it sets up, it can settle or shift with little pressure until it is firm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts