Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a new string for my 45#59 kodiak remake. The stock string just seems weird. Hard to explain. Loops don't behave as they do on my other recurve. Anyways, where or who is at the top of your list as Stringmakers? Plan on making my own later. Thanks ---Bo

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am looking to get a new string for my 45#59 kodiak remake. The stock string just seems weird. Hard to explain. Loops don't behave as they do on my other recurve. Anyways, where or who is at the top of your list as Stringmakers? Plan on making my own later. Thanks ---Bo
In my opinion Chad makes some of the best built strings you will find.

http://www.recurves.com/bowstring_menu.html

Be blessed.

Toby

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Chad's a good choice along with Mountain Muffler and 60X.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So been looking at the above makers. I measure my string and it is 58" I thought should be shorter but not sure. Still learning so be patient with me. It is 60" bear 59 kodiak. Flemish string by the way.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Should be 57" long for that bow. You didn't mention what your brace height is.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,193 Posts
Since there are so many good string makers, I would choose by lead time. Some are ready to delivery quickly; others can take a few weeks. I have also bought off the shelf Flemish and Continuous Loop from Stone Mountain Bowstrings.

I think 3 Rivers and Lancaster carry them. I ordered mine from both.

This is kind of like the who makes a good custom bow question. It really boils down to who doesn't make a good bow or string, or provide quick delivery, or good customer support.

Ask the question and you get everyone providing the string maker they go to.

A caveat is that string makers add silencers if you like which is definitely a value add that you don't get when you order an off the shelf string. If you want your string ready to shoot, and you like silencers, then custom is a good way to go.

The only strings I buy today are Flemish since I make my own continuous loop. I have a Rick Barbee (retired) string on my longbow and a spare Rick Barbee and Falco strings in queue so I won't need to buy one for awhile.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like chad from recurves.com. I've recently started making my own strings, it's not to hard and very enjoyable.

·
Registered
611 Posts
57in is what I ordered for my 59er and that kept me right in recommended bh. If you want one quick 3R makes a great ff string that's if you don't want custom colors. Still recommend ten ring strings if you decide on a second string. Always good to have a backup quality string

1 - 14 of 14 Posts