Archery Talk Forum banner

Recurve Target Sights

507 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Leighton
I was wondering what type of sights is used on most of your recurves. As with anything I have talked to people who have recommended Sure Loc other still maintain that Toxonics are hard to beat. I know that Sure Loc makes a good set of sights that are supposed to be durable, but light weight. I don't know anything about the others like Shibuya, W&W, Copper John etc. I appreciate any feedback.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,560 Posts
For recurves, I like the Sure Loc Quest-X for field and target archery, and the Shibuya Extremes for target. The reason is convenience of movement, the Sure Loc is better suited to field archery for this reason. About 50% of recurve shooters ar major events use Shibuya sights, about 40% use Sure Locs, and a few use other sights.

The new 2005 Shibuya recurve sight should be more than a match for the Sure Loc in terms of this "convenience of movement" factor- you can't go wrong with either.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sights

Thanks. I have been looking at the Quest X. I had someone tell me to make sure that they had the lock if I bought Sure Loc. He said his vibrated to the point that the slide wore. Of course he was using a compound. The Shibuya looks really good. Since I'm at the planning stage I have time to check out both. Thanks Again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.