Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I realize some install the v bar block directly on the riser, some install it further out on the stabilizer.

What dictates the choices of these 2 positions?

Thx.

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
If you are new to recurve the only place for a v-bar is back in the store.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ic....so I don't necessarily need to put an extension between the riser n v bar, I can just install the v bar on the riser if it works for me? Thx.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No kidding, I was actually thinking the same. What case are u using? I am using a 3 inch deep takedown carbine padded bag, so I can leave my plunger on.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Btw Grantmac, I did give up the idea of using my 19" Titan iii in target.

I got myself a 25" riser n medium limb set up..so now I am shopping for stabilizer mounting .

·
Registered
10,858 Posts

·
sometimes reality hurts
3,481 Posts
Ic....so I don't necessarily need to put an extension between the riser n v bar, I can just install the v bar on the riser if it works for me? Thx.
that is the correct way to do it. all an extension does is neutralise the backweight effect the side rods are supposed to assist with.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The extender has two functions depending on your requirements and how industry norms have dictated how V-bars are angled. They are relevant as “spacers” between your arm and “tum tum”, and in the case of low mass setups with high poundage, they move the mass balance forward without adding too much weight at the end of the long stabilizer.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to put a quick disconnect v bar block on the riser, it's about 1/4 length of a extension rod by eye balling.

Will see if it feels right for me, thx~

·
Registered
718 Posts
You can hold the bow strait without v-bars. I'm all for the 3ft long rod only with a lighter weight. And yeah, It fits in the case better.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got it~

I fix a single quick disconnect point on the riser, n will run :

Option 1: Vbar block on a 3 inch extension (so an added up 4 inches in front of the riser)

Option 2: Single rod

easy peazy, everythings still fit in the carbine bag and arrow tube, thx.

·
GIS guy
1,722 Posts
I'd say get the Mybo quick disconnect V-Bar mount you showed and only use the long rod for starters. That way, in the future when you're ready for the actual v-bars you're already good to go. That's what I did, except I have the discontinued Shibuya Ultima quick disconnect v-bar mount (looks a lot like the Mybo but it's adjustable).

-Kent W.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts