Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot a compound and Iam trying a recurve a guy at my local shop told me I should keep my back elbow down unlike you do with a compoud .Is this really nessasary I hate to have to change back and forth

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
oscag;

If you are asking if they are different then the answer is yes, and you can expect to make some form modifications from one type (compound) to another (recurve). If you switch between them enough it becomes second nature.

-CG

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I use recurve form while shooting compound. It works out quite well. Good shooting.
Dylan

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I do too! Good results also.:D I think the ? should be, "Release form VS Finger form?" They are different.:) I never have kept my elbow "down" with either, although it is lower than if you were using a release with you'r hand upside down.

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
My wife just got back from teh Worlds ad picked up recurve. She is getting her elbow down with both bows and it has showed greatly with her shooting. Her recurve release is better and she just shot a new state 70m record with her compound thanks to the lower elbow (341)
In other words, get a lower elbow with both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts