Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
One is good and one is better and this depends on the view of the person shooting it and but both can win in their own class:)
Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
945 Posts
whar r you gonna do

depends on what you are gonna do with each bow, i shoot a tribute for hunting and 3d and now i have purchased a constitution to shoot fingers and now i have gotten ahold of a recurve to shoot to hunt or computition, it what you want too shoot or what you feel good with.:tongue:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, cus I like to shoot both for differnt feelins and the curve callenges me soul mur than the pounder but fur accrasy the pounder sure is gotter done

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but theres sumthin about the open feelin of the curve that I just cant let go of know what I meen?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tanks you guys! Igrew up with the curve and now its a new time for the pound but I gess both are good like you say and if any one else wants ta come in on this feel free cus if you grew up with only a pounder then you might feels a bit might differt bot that and i understandy you to so dont hold back ur nothin just leter rip soot it out ther!

ps

tanks agin!

·
Registered
819 Posts
For longer distances and against a mostly static target, the compound is the better choice. For snap shooting, wing shooting, shooting a moving object, or shooting on the move, the recurve or longbow is vastly superior. I enjoy shooting my longbows infinitely more than the compound, but face it, I'm not taking a 40 yard shot at a deer with my longbow nor am I going to compete in a field shoot with all those really long targets with it. If it's spot-and-stalk in close cover, no question it's the longbow. If it's setting up at the edge of a field, no question it's the compound.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I like the challenge and raw nature of the recurve. something about it when shot time comes that just flows. no checklist like my compound. pull, aim, release. I do like the compound for pin point shooting at longer ranges. I'm good to about 25 yds with a recurve, 60 with the compound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts