Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished making a longbow out of PVC and really enjoyed shooting it. Since I already own a compound I was looking to buy a recurve or longbow. What are the pros and cons?

·
Registered
410 Posts
With the newer modern reflex-deflex longbows, there is not as much difference between the two. Recurves will probable be somewhat faster and long bows will have less finger pinch and be quieter. That is if you go with 62 to 64 in longbows, and 60 inch recurves. With all the variables[shorter longbows, longer recurves, different geomentry in designs] you need to shoot some of each and decide for yourself. With so many lengths, different bowyers designs, construction materials, it is difficult to make generalize . Have had bows of each kind that stack, have big handshock, were very touchy on hand position , ect. Roy

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Look at Caribow, Toelke or Jim Belcher longbows.
I have them and they very nice to shoot.
The best thing to do is to find and shoot as many as you can and you will find one that YOU like.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,101 Posts
The previous post is pretty much spot on.

I have never been a fan of longbows for no real reasons other than they, at least the ones i have shot, just don't feel good to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts