Archery Talk Forum banner

Red Feather Archery Razorhawk an affordable 2 blade single bevel

21548 Views 261 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  05_sprcrw
Well I must say I am very excited about the new 2 blade that RFA has brought to the table this year. It is an all steel broadhead with stainless steel blades, that has a cut that ranges from 1 1/16- 1 1/4" depending on the weight of the head.

The blades are used to change the heads weight so you can just order replacement blades to change head weight instead of new heads. I have been testing these heads for a couple months now and they flat out fly awesome. :thumbs_up

Here is a review done by Ike on them, in the video he does manage to break a proto type but the ferrule is now casehardened and a little more material was added to the weak spot to eliminate this issue.

And one by Tmac using traditional gear

They are also available to pre-order on the website. I put an order in for a couple packs to try, anyone else got a pre-order in? It says they will be shipping Oct 1, 2011.
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
Yes sir, I placed an order for 2 packs of the 100 gr to shoot out of my Bowtech and I will definately be placing an order for some of the 150 gr to fling out of my Black Widow too. If these 2 blades are half as tough as the 3 blade Phoenix made by RFA you can't go wrong with these broadheads.

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I am thinking, they look like they might even be tougher to break the the phoenix I guess time will tell. I ordered 2 packs of 100 grain and 1 pack of 125's to try out.

· Registered
2,099 Posts
Dustin, you know my order is in. I'm getting both the 100's and 125's, along with some Phoenix.

These heads will meet the durable standards set forth by Stan Mercer (RFA Owner). He set the bar with the Phoenix and will NOT allow any product with his name on it be less than superior. These are going to very good 2-blade heads, I can't wait.

· Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for the support. I'm pleased with these heads and will get some photos of the production run heads up soon so you all can see the differences between the prototypes above and the production heads. We'll have them ready to ship before the 1st! Looking forward to seeing what all you guys can lay down with them!

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out the new RFA head, and Stan I know I am excited to give them a shot.

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take a look at the new offerings from RFA

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the razorhawk is really going to be a great head once people start seeing it. I know it really opened up that opossum that Stan got with the prototype.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
I am with Travis these heads are strictly business. They yell I wanna kill something. And tough as nails.

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
R mika

They come in 100, 125, and 150 grains.

They screw is counter sunk a little bit but it is kinda blended into the radius of the over all head to match the profile of the ferrule. Long story short the screw should not affect anything at all and I have not had any issues with flight or penetration as a result.

Hope that helps a little bit.

· NBA Clan Original
2,261 Posts
I got the original prototypes in my quiver rite along side three more that arrived yesterday. They fly outstanding. I have tried them on several differant arrows with many fletchings and they dont seem to care whats steering them. Something alot of people have missed or have not thought of is a bonus of the single bevel design. Shoot one into a target and try to pull it straight out. The edge design makes it want to twist or screw out. That being said the same thing is gonna happen at impact on a animal. Instead of just blowing straight thru it is gonna have a corkscrew affect. WICKED!!!!

· Registered
8,490 Posts
I like what I see.Two questions:-what weights do they come in?-how much the screw is out the ferrule, and could it be replaced with a flat one?r.mika
How wide is the 125 grain version?

1 - 20 of 262 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.