Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has used or bought Bass Pros. Line of Camo?

Lois like they have a bunch of similar lines to Cabalas only about half the price. I know I've heard they're boots are horrible but how about they're fleece line, insulated bibs and jackets and such...

No cotton almost all of it is polyester and wind proof and very well priced.

My girlfriend is starting to hunt this year and I need some Camo for her. It would be nice to keep the cost down as I don't know yet if she will be into it for the long haul or not.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
999 Posts
The expedition fleece is the warmest and most windproof thing I have ever worn. They are not advertised as waterproof but I have never gotten wet in them. Great bang for your buck.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ttt

·
Registered
185 Posts
i like redhead clothing, really good price and durable from what i ca tell. i have the base layer tope and bottoms and i just got the squaltek 2 pants for a great price during a sell a few weeks ago so i havent tested it out in the field yet.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
all there clothes i have had is great. and yes, i do not recommend there boots

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a pair of Red Head 1000 grain insulated boots knee high rubber that I have used for years as my cold weather boot and they have been great.

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
I bought some really expensive Gore-Tex Red Head gloves and the seam began to fall apart on my first hunting trip. They do have a top notch return policy, though :)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I have a leafy suit ($50) from BP and it's one of my favorite pieces of gear. Also have verious other items from gloves to face masks, I usually get high end boots elsewhere though, and Scentlok wherever I get a good price.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Ive bought a ton of Redhead clothing and it works great and its a great price to. Idk what yall are talking about with the boots, I bought a 20 dollar pair thats shin high and rubber and they work great for me. Ive had them for years and walked alot of miles in the woods without a problem

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have a pair of silent hide pants and a lined midseason jacket. about 15 years old. Still wear them in my regular "rotation" of hunting clothes.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good stuff guys. My comment about the boots was based on comments people have made here on AT, if the boots are as good as you guys are saying then I might consider a pair. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
One more good review for Redhead boots. Bought the 1200 gram thinsulate (I hate cold feet) 14inch all leather goretex waterproof ($130-ish). Going on 5 years, but I treat mine with mink oil at the end of the season to keep the leather in good condition.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i have some Red head stuff for early season hunts...comfy, quiet, and resonably priced!...durable too!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ttt

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have some redhead coveralls i bought for late season gun hunts a few years back. They do the job without the extra bells and whistles. Great purchase for a mere $70 bucks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts