Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a video of these broadheads. The video is new on youtube. I would like to know as a hunter what you think of the testing method here. This does not seem to be a wild pig and it seems to be in a fenced in area. I am not trying to start any fights or point any fingers. It is an interesting video. However it seems to be borderline bad taste. Of course that's subjective.

I would link it but I don't know how to and I am at work on a 15 minute break.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Where's the link ????

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's not actually the video. There's one they posted before it of them killing the same pig. When I get home and get to my computer I'll try and link it if someone else hasn't already.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the video

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Personally I think that video doesn't do the broadheads any favor it looks like it was shot at close range and didn't get full passthru

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally I think that video doesn't do the broadheads any favor it looks like it was shot at close range and didn't get full passthru
I was going to mention the same thing. You get very little real info about the head or heads they are selling either. It almost seems like its killing a fenced in semi domesticated pig just for the sake of killing it. If you look close it even looks like it was "pre" injured and bleeding already. I guess for me it was almost a pointless abuse of a perfectly healthy animal. Just my opinion and not necessarily the correct one. I do not know the whole story from just a video. I am however curious about fellow broadhead junkies views of this type of testing. To be more specific how they killed the animal and to what ends. You get very little information from it. Even in the second video they do not go into much detail other than they like shooting a dead animal.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
What method? It looks like shot a penned pig that was already wounded. Like bowtech said, they still didn't get a pass thru, either.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The videos are back up if anyone was interested.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Seen it not interested in there broadheads.I lived on a farm we killed pigs, cattle, chickens,we always used a 22 hornet on pigs and steers to the head, bang done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts