Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into a new rangefinder can get either for around the same price (with nikon rebate) looking for input on these two who has em' what do you like / dislike any info appreciated thanks

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
got the redfield, works good havent got to hunt with it yet but works like it should around the house and such. Redfield is made by leupold so no worries on quality

·
Registered
214 Posts
got the redfield, works good havent got to hunt with it yet but works like it should around the house and such. Redfield is made by leupold so no worries on quality
x2 on thr redfeild,i got mine a while ago cant be happy'r with it very small,of course it dosent hve the fancy arc stuff but all in all good range finder....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the redfield. I like it a lot. It's small and light and does what I need it to do. The only negative I have found so far with it, is that it has trouble ranging on a black target. When on the 3D range and needing to range a Black Bear or Warthog or Turkey target I find that I have to try a few consecutive times before it will pick up on the black target. At times I have had to just range a tree near the target or something else to get the range because the rangefinder just refused to pick up the black target. I have not had any trouble ranging any targets of other colors or so far any type of objects in the woods. Can't say I have tried it on a live black bear or turkey yet. For the price (got mine in Cabela's bargin cave for a good price). Can't say I know anything about the Nikon model you mention, but Nikon does make good rangefinders. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Has anyone else that has the Redfield, had problems ranging BLACK targets???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts